Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New extremely effective reaper opening
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: New extremely effective reaper opening
Also, when you are getting pestered with runners, not the best idea to counter with runners, especially on one spawn maps, where you lose value for each turn. If the opponent runners are within attacking range of a newly spawned soldier, that would be the better option and last longer than a solitary runner.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 05:20 PM
(03-08-2013 12:27 PM)Ja Karta Wrote:  Most recent (slightly changed):
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YweaBAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YweaBAww

Why didn't you covert his runner and destroy the base in turn 15?

iPro Clan
03-08-2013, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 06:56 PM by vegaprom.)
(03-08-2013 05:20 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(03-08-2013 12:27 PM)Ja Karta Wrote:  Most recent (slightly changed):
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YweaBAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YweaBAww

Why didn't you covert his runner and destroy the base in turn 15?

Besides his mistake at turn 15. Are there any counter to this opening? Seriously, I went through OSN of Ja Karta and he have won every games as P1 on Reaper. If it's definitely unbeatable, OML needs to modify the map.

Moreover, I don't see a point of spawning medic at the first turn of P2, the opponent runner surely attack the medic and that's also one unit waste,
(03-08-2013 04:36 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  Also, when you are getting pestered with runners, not the best idea to counter with runners, especially on one spawn maps, where you lose value for each turn. If the opponent runners are within attacking range of a newly spawned soldier, that would be the better option and last longer than a solitary runner.

That tactics is true in theory but in practice 99% of all runners are placed at least 5 hexs away from spawn (eg. your wit space). Only runners can reach and if it happens to be another unit with more than 1hp? What to do? (I think Veggienauts can counter the 1hp effectively by thorn prickle and spawn some stronger unit, but other teams?)

Another point for P1 Adorables, is it possible to do this kind of "sniper-wit space" rush with some bunches of runners and switch to Mobi-rush later in the game. As both kind of rush take place at the opposite side of the map. (Sniper-wit space takes place at your spawn side while Mobi-rush takes place at the heavy side.) To guard against Mobi-rush in general, a buffed unit is required so that 3hp soldier and a runner are not killed by sniper and runner respectively. When P1 employs sniper-wit save rush it forces P2 to get out a bunch of runners to deal with pesky units at the wit space. P2 cannot afford to spawn a medic because it can be easily taken out while it gives P1 Adorables to go for mobi-rush easily later in game. (A kind of feinting)

Thank you for reading all, though in fact I've seen mobi rush a few times but never for this sniper-wit space rush; but that makes me feel worry if it happens to me.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
03-08-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 07:42 PM by Ryzuma.)
Medic to sniper works. We found this opening very long ago in wolf pack and went through many ways to counter it

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
03-08-2013, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 07:53 PM by TheQwertiest.)
this was actually my very first opening in reaper when it was still in beta. it was against Randydogz

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Sorry I had no idea it wasn't new I just had it used against me and had never seen it before so I wanted to share it. Thanks for all the info though!
03-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks, I think I HAVE to know before that if I see this situation the only way is to spawn a medic and boost sniper.

Usually as P1 I don't enjoy doing the pattern opening such as mobi rush or this sniper rush. It seems that it's no fun and no thinking.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
06-14-2013, 08:34 AM
So, I got caught with this rush a while back. I wasn't paying attention and missed what Ryzuma did the first round. Not sure what I would have done if I'd noticed it...
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y477WAww

Thought it would be fun to try out and this happened:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YiNLaAww

Then I vaguely remembered this thread. Is boosting the sniper and killing the heavy considered the best response to this?

Soldier spam FTW
06-14-2013, 10:02 AM
That has to be one of the most creative openings in the game
06-14-2013, 12:00 PM
Relevant?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YkIXoAww