Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please buff The Scrambler
03-10-2013, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:23 PM by GoHeat 3.)
RE: Please buff The Scrambler
Aren't the Scallywags still better than the Veggies though? It seems most have forgotten about this matchup since it never happens.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 03:14 PM by blckace.)
Currently I'm stuck in the silver league and I decided to jump on my main account and use veggies.

I was matched against one bombshell and I killed it with thorns, there's a big skill difference which might be the only thing that made that possible. However, when I look at all my veggie games they can so so easily overwhelm an opponent. Snipers are no longer viable and soldiers are too wit inefficient and heavies are too expensive to spawn. All that is left is the bombshell and without supporting units it goes down in a few turns. Don't forget that thorns can go anywhere but a bombshell is mostly immobile and can't protect the whole map. A thorn has the same health points as soldier at the cost of a runner honestly they are all you need to spawn against non veggie teams. Playing vegginauts there's only ONE way to beat an opponent and that is by overwhelming them and after the last update it has become too easy. A thorn is a unit that spawns anywhere you want instead of at your spawn point, how efficient is that?
03-10-2013, 03:35 PM
They ruined the game with the bramble super power now. I say good, because now i wont waste my time playing this game. You cured me of my addiction. Thank you.
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
(03-10-2013 08:14 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  How about reducing scramblers movement to 2, but increasing it's range to 2. This would keep its effective range at 3, but reduce the chance that the unit is lost after a conversion.

Does no one like my idea?

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-10-2013, 10:18 PM
(03-10-2013 03:35 PM)Mrdemaria Wrote:  They ruined the game with the bramble super power now. I say good, because now i wont waste my time playing this game. You cured me of my addiction. Thank you.

The only time you're going to register is to complain about the game after you've enjoyed it for so long? Without considering that the Bramble is going through balancing?

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-10-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 11:51 PM by Pareesauce.)
(03-10-2013 02:39 PM)blckace Wrote:  I was matched against one bombshell and I killed it with thorns, there's a big skill difference which might be the only thing that made that possible. However, when I look at all my veggie games they can so so easily overwhelm an opponent. Snipers are no longer viable and soldiers are too wit inefficient and heavies are too expensive to spawn. All that is left is the bombshell and without supporting units it goes down in a few turns. Don't forget that thorns can go anywhere but a bombshell is mostly immobile and can't protect the whole map. A thorn has the same health points as soldier at the cost of a runner honestly they are all you need to spawn against non veggie teams. Playing vegginauts there's only ONE way to beat an opponent and that is by overwhelming them and after the last update it has become too easy. A thorn is a unit that spawns anywhere you want instead of at your spawn point, how efficient is that?

Pretty much this. I personally think it was fine before the most recent update, since I thought the point of brambles was to trap your opponent and use your other units (mostly snipers) hiding behind thorns to defeat your opponent. At least before, your opponent had a chance of killing some with a sniper, but now their sniper will be killed (even with 2hp, you just need to use two thorns to take it out)...and then their spawn spot will be taken over. They can't really use a heavy, as their wit space will probably have been taken over and they'll probably have exhausted most of their wits.
Maybe change it so that you can only make a thorn 1 space away from the parent thorn/brambler? Or would that be too much messing around with the brambler?
Maybe it's because I'm pathetic against veggienauts and I'm just bitter Wink yeah, that's probably the case.
As for the scrambler...they probably are a bit too easy to take out, but I think that's mostly due to people leaving them out in the open. I think feedback is fine, but veggienauts are OP.
03-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I personally would like to see the Scrambler having 4MP - it still would be easy to kill after brainwashing, but would be harder to kill before it. And it would make it too easier to use by newbie players. I don't think it would make it really OP.
03-11-2013, 12:41 AM
(03-10-2013 11:51 PM)Piko Wrote:  I personally would like to see the Scrambler having 4MP - it still would be easy to kill after brainwashing, but would be harder to kill before it. And it would make it too easier to use by newbie players. I don't think it would make it really OP.
Errr... wat

Right now, you cannot use the Scrambler directly to scramble a Soldier frontline without putting it into theoretical attacking range first (i.e. 4 spaces away from the enemy Soldier).
With your proposed change, you can put it 5 spaces away and still scramble the Soldiers the turn after. Meaning that a) the opponent cannot even suspect you having a Scrambler around and b) if they do, there's nothing they can do about it since you can simply put a wall of Soldiers in front of it. :O

I'd rather see it at 2 base HP (which is totally broken as two Runners don't suffice to pick a buffed one off from distance) than at 4 MP. But actually, neither would be good.

Another thing to think about: If they now buff the Scrambler, what player fraction is going to ask for the next buff? I should create a poll for that. Is it going to be the Bombshell? Or even Mobi? Gonna be a really close one, I'm so excited.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
03-11-2013, 01:07 AM
I propose:
Scrambled units are reduced to 2HP, if more than 2.
03-11-2013, 01:09 AM
scambler gains 1hp everytime he scrambles a unit?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*