Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-18-2013, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 12:05 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Bramble v3
I have to agree on two points though:
- There are a lot of new titans, and they, for most, use veggies (grokka, kee foŕ exemple). This may mean that, at egual skill, it's easier to win with bramble. (And I'm sure about that)
- Fighting against bramble isn't really fun (vision and move blocker), but you won't change this with an update, it's bramble's spirit. Smile

Nice graph!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 12:15 AM
You know what's even worse? Playing against Bramble, winning, and having that game being stalled.

03-18-2013, 02:50 AM
(03-18-2013 12:04 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  I have to agree on two points though:
- There are a lot of new titans, and they, for most, use veggies (grokka, kee foŕ exemple). This may mean that, at egual skill, it's easier to win with bramble. (And I'm sure about that)
- Fighting against bramble isn't really fun (vision and move blocker), but you won't change this with an update, it's bramble's spirit. Smile

Nice graph!

Here's the problem though: you say that playing bramble is no fun, but that is its "spirit". I would argue that a unit with the "spirit" of being not fun shouldn't be in the game. If it was up to me, and this will obviously never happen, I would eliminate the Veggies team altogether. I have fun winning and losing against every team, but playing any game against veggies, winning or losing, is a chore. It's work.

Right now I have something like 15 league games going at a time, and on average I'd say about 11 or 12 of those are Bramble players. My rate of turn taking is now much slower, it sucks when I sit down to take all my turns and game after game is just dealing with thorn spam. It used to be that when my Ipad beeped I'd go right over and take whatever turn I just got; now I turn my notifications off. I like this game too much to quit, but I honestly hate, HATE, the new bramble. Hate it.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
03-18-2013, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 02:59 AM by Gf!sh.)
NEXT GRAPH

[Image: attachment.php?aid=271]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-18-2013, 04:29 AM
Is anybody else really afraid of playing league games? O_o

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Nope Tongue

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmNmFAww

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-18-2013, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:22 AM by laYahooz.)
(03-18-2013 04:42 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Nope Tongue

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmNmFAww

Nice game! Loved the middle map rush. I think adorables may still be the best on the big maps but one game definitely doesn't make a case.

And it has to be said, that is a terrible spot to put your bramble against a mobi!

My experiences on bramble since release?
Well I would say that he is good. Very very good. Extremely good! But not to bad with initiative against him.

I play scallywags in feedback mainly so:
In one game vs vegaprom (very good game btw) I was able to score myself THREE brainwashes without a dead scrambler all on soldiers. Despite this scrambler run, vegaprom was able to defend his bramble with thorns and then counter me for the win. I don't think I've ever lost with so many brainwashes from one scrambler so bramble is really good staying alive!
My other league games I have won but I usually either
1) scrambler rush them for no bramble
2) turtle and try to get a thorn scramble

Option 2 actually isn't too bad since bramble players get overly aggressive

Scallywags: I'm owning in league as scallywags right now. My opponents aren't skilled enough with bramble to take out my patient turtling strategy Tongue

2v2: Cervocirsh and I are winning a shit load of games....... Thanks to bramble! Cervocirsh was already really good with bramble (like SPW) before the update so when the update came out, it was awesome!

Bramble seems a little OP in 2v2 not because he is (if that makes sense), but because of turn order. Feels like you almost have to gain up on bramble and forget about the other special, which will then demolish you.

Final thoughts: bramble is too good at staying alive!!!!!!!!
My fix: I've already have mentioned this but bramble needs 3hp thorns and attacking ability. However, he is too good at surviving. Thus, I propose to make him a ranged unit so then he will be in a more vulnerable position.

In also think Alvender proposed a good option in his thread but I think it would ruin the fun of bramble. Ill challenge him and see how it works though Smile
Also should mention this.

By making bramble ranged in his thorns, it would force veggie players to actually spawn other units! IMO, the charm of bramble is building a fortress with snipers and heavies and stuff, not spawning lots of thorns and hitting people.

That's one thing I loved about the old bramble, making a snipers nest. Is fun when you do it and very funny IMO when your playing against it. No one does that anymore really because they don't have too.
03-18-2013, 05:24 AM
2nd battle:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmMOOAww

Oh and I'm about to win against another bramble on war garden. Tongue

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

03-18-2013, 05:56 AM
(03-17-2013 10:37 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  So, as I think the point with Bramble is that it requires way less skill imput for good results then other specials (which is further enhanced by the fact that the yelly, redundant comments come from lower leagues), I've made a lil' graph to show everyone:

NOTICE: this graph is just global, and proportions are just made up. But you get the idea.

Good summary of the problem. At the moment I'm guessing scally and adorables will beat veggies among the top players in a not too far future. At least on maps with long walking distances. Veggies are strong in the beginning and as scallywags or adorables you have to "scramble" with heavies/snipers/soldiers/boosted runners to seal off all entries. If you manage to do that you generally win as veggies lack sniper support on large maps.

I reserve the right to change my mind at any time though!

Soldier spam FTW
03-18-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 06:12 AM by jeradvelezdallas.)
Bramble definitely needs a change. The new Bramble simply changed the game to drastically. There have been several great suggestions to new changes. (I particularly like the extra point given for killing a patch.) Bottom line: count me in as one who seriously dislikes the new bramble.