Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-16-2013, 05:41 AM
RE: Bramble v3
There is an update to fix replay glitch it looks like. They also say they are monitoring balance issues related to the Bramble, and request that we be patient.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 05:43 AM
(03-16-2013 03:26 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  On a side note I don't think bramble is THAT OP anymore...I think it needs a little nerf but that's all. I think that it hit adorables the most and this is why everyone thinks its so OP. However, is may just provide the nerf everyone seemed to want for adorables. (Assuming veggies get nerfed a little)

Scallys are definitely viable against veggies if you protect your bombshell, and feedback has shown some promise.

And adorables rock too, I can tell you Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-16-2013, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 06:06 AM by connor34911.)
(03-16-2013 05:43 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  
(03-16-2013 03:26 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  On a side note I don't think bramble is THAT OP anymore...I think it needs a little nerf but that's all. I think that it hit adorables the most and this is why everyone thinks its so OP. However, is may just provide the nerf everyone seemed to want for adorables. (Assuming veggies get nerfed a little)

Scallys are definitely viable against veggies if you protect your bombshell, and feedback has shown some promise.

And adorables rock too, I can tell you Smile

They arent bad, I just think it hurt them, the most.

(03-16-2013 03:24 AM)Mtoor21 Wrote:  Ya, i played overconfident that match, wasted sooo many wits going into the sniper. Then i went in again to kill the medic not expecting him to have the tile to the medics left covered by a runner

Yeah exactly.
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...kvyNAww#70

Here is a game where I absolutely owned with bramble. Turn 8- took witspace, Turn 10 killed a boosted BS with ONLY thorns!

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-16-2013, 06:56 AM
Love the new Bramble...slightly over powered though. Adjusting hp back down to 2 with no wit reward for kill would rebalance everything. Further discussion in detail on this initial thread:
http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...6#pid33356

Thanks gang! Great game.
03-16-2013, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 07:15 AM by BuzzleBee123.)
Has anyone else noticed a giant shift on opinions of Bramble? I mean before it was a constant stream of hatred and now many have come to realize the Veggienauts aren't THAT OP. Like Connor said "it hit Adorables the most." If we put two and two together I think we can all see why such constant demand of a Veggienauts nerf was so common. Since many players have switched to the Adorables team the Bramble v3 basically slightly nerfed the Adorables team leaving many players in the dark in terms of strategies to adjust and adapt. Sure, maybe a simple nerf of the Veggienauts is needed, something like a cost to root and uproot. Honestly it's only fair if the BS has to shell and unshell and those cost wits.
(When I say root and uproot I mean that for the Bramble)

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Soldiers feel somewhat useless against bramble now. 4-1(3) wits to kill one(move, attack, move, kill, extra wit). So the veggie can spawn 3 thorns for every one soldiers kill. Unless they find a parent. If the parents are protected well...

A large bramble root feels like yard word. A never ending tiresome battle that you lose when you die. Boring.

I dont know if there will be a balance to bramble that is even. Not too weak to be useless and not too strong to be over powerful. Thorns are cheap.

How many regular units do bramble players make? Not many it seems. New turn = 4 new thorns. Over and over. Just like pulling weeds
03-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Veggie users be like bramble not that OP.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2013, 04:05 AM
That's it. I've had enough of this OP new bramble. I was still trying to play Adorables cause I didn't want to switch to Veggies like everyone else but it's impossible. There are only Veggies out there now and Adorables are absolutely helpless.

I acutally had the opinion to give it some time but after having played too many matches vs this crappy weed I have enough.

The worst thing is: IT'S NO FUN ANYMORE! Thorns blocking all of the map, no skill needed, if you make a mistake, who cares? You can just retreat and you get the bonus of your oponent not even having a replay to look at!

In my opinion there are only two options: quit the game or switch to Veggies like everyone else and play boring, neverending games with Bramble vs. Bramble. I will never do the second so my choice is clear, I take the first one.

OML WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU MADE THIS UPDATE? I've loved this game for almost 5 months but you managed to take everything away that made this game special in a blink. As much as I love your guys' work, I really hope I can manage to pick it up again when this bramble is fixed. I'm not sure though..
03-17-2013, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 05:56 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(03-17-2013 04:05 AM)Porceveer Wrote:  That's it. I've had enough of this OP new bramble. I was still trying to play Adorables cause I didn't want to switch to Veggies like everyone else but it's impossible. There are only Veggies out there now and Adorables are absolutely helpless.

I acutally had the opinion to give it some time but after having played too many matches vs this crappy weed I have enough.

The worst thing is: IT'S NO FUN ANYMORE! Thorns blocking all of the map, no skill needed, if you make a mistake, who cares? You can just retreat and you get the bonus of your oponent not even having a replay to look at!

In my opinion there are only two options: quit the game or switch to Veggies like everyone else and play boring, neverending games with Bramble vs. Bramble. I will never do the second so my choice is clear, I take the first one.

OML WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU MADE THIS UPDATE? I've loved this game for almost 5 months but you managed to take everything away that made this game special in a blink. As much as I love your guys' work, I really hope I can manage to pick it up again when this bramble is fixed. I'm not sure though..

What disapoints me is that you're an excellent player, and what you said doesn't fit. Bramble is NOT (in what language do you need us to tell it?) totally overpowered, far from unbeatable, etc. Freaking out like that is useless, OML tries to balance the game as well as possible and needs time! Balancing units that have totallly different powers is extremely hard in a strategy game, and the ga between bramble and other specials isn't that big.

Oh and Ihave not spawned one single bramble in a league game since the update.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-17-2013, 06:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 06:16 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i think what makes bramble OP is how easy it is to use. you basically dont need much skill to use it against someone of equal skill to you.

i also agree that its not unbeatable. but even if you have the advantage in the game, bramble makes it so you have a hard time finishing the game. and also its extremely hard to push in big maps, the ability of the bramble to make a bunch of 3hp shields with minimal cost wit wise is too much. and its almost impossible to push without a heavy or sniper (which moves so slow that the enemy can set up a decent defense by the time your units get there.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*