03-11-2013, 05:08 AM
RE: Bramble v3
I think I have one 2v2 game with them right now. It's pretty early though

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 05:53 AM
I think we should definitely keep Bramble's thorns to 3 hp mainly because it's not just making Veggienauts stronger, but it's also increasing the use of heavies in gameplay.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-11-2013, 05:55 AM
(03-11-2013 05:53 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I think we should definitely keep Bramble's thorns to 3 hp mainly because it's not just making Veggienauts stronger, but it's also increasing the use of heavies in gameplay.
Exactly: Right now the meta game is just soldiers soldier and more soldiers, but with the Bramble, people are being forced to use heavies. Maybe this will shift the meta game to a broader army composition.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
03-11-2013, 06:32 AM
(03-11-2013 05:55 AM)EkoFox Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 05:53 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I think we should definitely keep Bramble's thorns to 3 hp mainly because it's not just making Veggienauts stronger, but it's also increasing the use of heavies in gameplay.
Exactly: Right now the meta game is just soldiers soldier and more soldiers, but with the Bramble, people are being forced to use heavies. Maybe this will shift the meta game to a broader army composition.

I dont have a problem with encouraging the use of heavies. But you'd have to give heavies some sort of buff to make it viable to use them against bramble. Right now they're only useable on small maps. And on these maps you only get 6 wits per turn.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-11-2013, 07:01 AM
(03-11-2013 06:32 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  I dont have a problem with encouraging the use of heavies. But you'd have to give heavies some sort of buff to make it viable to use them against bramble. Right now they're only useable on small maps. And on these maps you only get 6 wits per turn.

I don't think so. Heavies are incredibly viable to use against Bramble. It's extremely difficult to stop the from leading a path through the thorns especially how many people are playing the Veggienuats by relying on Brambles thorns. Imo heavies are more viable and if not more powerful than before v3 Bramble.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
03-11-2013, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 07:33 AM by connor34911.)
(03-11-2013 07:01 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 06:32 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  I dont have a problem with encouraging the use of heavies. But you'd have to give heavies some sort of buff to make it viable to use them against bramble. Right now they're only useable on small maps. And on these maps you only get 6 wits per turn.

I don't think so. Heavies are incredibly viable to use against Bramble. It's extremely difficult to stop the from leading a path through the thorns especially how many people are playing the Veggienuats by relying on Brambles thorns. Imo heavies are more viable and if not more powerful than before v3 Bramble.

lol you aren't getting what i'm saying. Theyre too expensive and slow. Read what harti wrote before about how one spawn will get overwhelmed while the other is defended by heavies.

IMO the best way to play is to spawn a mobi at one spawn and heavies at the other. Port over the heavies if needed.

(03-11-2013 04:55 AM)Harti Wrote:  There's nothing a Veggienauts player can do against masses of Heavies. I do agree though that this isn't the most viable strategy, especially on 2-spawn maps where the wit income is 7. You can't really defend the second spawn while you're spawning a Heavy on the other and are going to lose a lot of time in terms of unit positioning as you aren't even supposed to move your Heavy away from the spawn space...

If people don't want to nerf the HP on bramble, then it would be useful for it to cost a wit to root and a wit to recede thorns.

1v1 Super-Titan

03-11-2013, 11:58 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgsGHAww

Some heavy usage. Smile

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
(03-11-2013 07:01 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I don't think so. Heavies are incredibly viable to use against Bramble. It's extremely difficult to stop the from leading a path through the thorns especially how many people are playing the Veggienuats by relying on Brambles thorns. Imo heavies are more viable and if not more powerful than before v3 Bramble.

I do think that heavies will get significantly more usage with this update, but really, all the Veggies player has to do is bring a few snipers behind the thorns. Map control is too easy. I'll try to post some replays once some of my games are finished.
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
(03-11-2013 12:06 PM)poweewee Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:01 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I don't think so. Heavies are incredibly viable to use against Bramble. It's extremely difficult to stop the from leading a path through the thorns especially how many people are playing the Veggienuats by relying on Brambles thorns. Imo heavies are more viable and if not more powerful than before v3 Bramble.

I do think that heavies will get significantly more usage with this update, but really, all the Veggies player has to do is bring a few snipers behind the thorns. Map control is too easy. I'll try to post some replays once some of my games are finished.

Thank you. Heavies are still a two hit kill. Also, bramble is encouraging what would normally be incredibly wit inefficient tactics. It is not surprising to see players do this type of move: (sniper for 3 damage, thorn for 1, thorn for 1) to kill the heavy.

1v1 Super-Titan

03-11-2013, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 03:22 PM by XtreM Q.)
i found healing main parent thorns to 4 hp (with adjacent thorn for blocking) makes it extremely hard for your opponent to advance in addition to harrassing their wit space and/or spawn