Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Bramble v3
(03-10-2013 11:02 AM)Ja Karta Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 09:05 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  I'm done with outwitters until the nerf. I'm not gonna play bramble in any of my 2v2s. Bramble+bombshell is OP AF.
Since at least Mobi+BS is much easier to deal with than Bramble BS

My last three league games against veggies (all the one's I've finished so far). Won all three. (Veggie player is master level.)

I think bramble is certainly OP. But so what? It's a GAME! Play it. Have fun with something new.
You're not a bad person if you lose. It's just a different challenge. And if you're really concerned about what your skill level looks like; think of this as karma for all the UP veggie match-ups in the past months. Wink

I think feedback players have a *slight* advantage dealing with this change simple because we *always* have to play aggressively. If you sit and let bramble make parallel thorn networks it's going to be hard to uproot....
So don't.
Unit composition vs. bramble is different than against other teams as well.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YyrSIAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyrSIAww
(Early boosted sniper and heavy action remove bramble)

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Yt6GJAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yt6GJAww
(Early heavy action to defend wit space and a little luck force bramble to retreat)

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YvJKJAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvJKJAww
(No bramble was ever even spawned in this game, but that's the point. Also note: if he'd played turn 5 more conservatively (finished heavy with a runner) he'd have devastated me that turn. But he was saving wits for a bramble I'll bet you and it turned out poorly for him.)

Definitely not bragging (wish I were playing well enough that I could. Just speaking with actions and not just words re: anti-veggie strategies. ; )

Great games! Thanks for sharing them!
Also I like how you mention that the point is bramble wasn't spawned. Feedback can be such an aggressive threat that we can actually prevent a bramble spawn/effective bramble spawn.
I'm 2-0 vs. veggies in league. Already posted one game Wink

(Perhaps 3-0 if I beat fellow forum member vegaprom in a very close game)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 02:38 PM by Mr.Banger.)
(03-10-2013 11:02 AM)Ja Karta Wrote:  
(03-10-2013 09:05 AM)Mr.Banger Wrote:  I'm done with outwitters until the nerf. I'm not gonna play bramble in any of my 2v2s. Bramble+bombshell is OP AF.
Since at least Mobi+BS is much easier to deal with than Bramble BS

My last three league games against veggies (all the one's I've finished so far). Won all three. (Veggie player is master level.)

I think bramble is certainly OP. But so what? It's a GAME! Play it. Have fun with something new.
You're not a bad person if you lose. It's just a different challenge. And if you're really concerned about what your skill level looks like; think of this as karma for all the UP veggie match-ups in the past months. Wink

I think feedback players have a *slight* advantage dealing with this change simple because we *always* have to play aggressively. If you sit and let bramble make parallel thorn networks it's going to be hard to uproot....
So don't.
Unit composition vs. bramble is different than against other teams as well.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YyrSIAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YyrSIAww
(Early boosted sniper and heavy action remove bramble)

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Yt6GJAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yt6GJAww
(Early heavy action to defend wit space and a little luck force bramble to retreat)

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YvJKJAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvJKJAww
(No bramble was ever even spawned in this game, but that's the point. Also note: if he'd played turn 5 more conservatively (finished heavy with a runner) he'd have devastated me that turn. But he was saving wits for a bramble I'll bet you and it turned out poorly for him.)

Definitely not bragging (wish I were playing well enough that I could. Just speaking with actions and not just words re: anti-veggie strategies. ; )
2v2 lasts longer and generally have more moves tbqh

And it's not "karma". I'm not to blame for people playing bramble against me when it was UP.

iPro
03-10-2013, 04:27 PM
(03-10-2013 02:33 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Ok, let's ask garcia1000(0) then Tongue

Here is my highly sought after opinion on the new Bramble:

I think it is too strong now. I would like to try the current Bramble, but with 2HP.
03-11-2013, 01:02 AM
^^
It now the truth.
03-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Let's try to emulate a situation where thorns have 2HP, and don't give out a wit for kill.

Whenever a thorn gets attacked by a soldier (drop to 1HP) the Veggie player has to unroot that thorn as late as possible on his turn (to avoid replay shenannigans).

Any voulenteers?

03-11-2013, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:16 AM by Uvafan173.)
Here's a replay in which I beat a veggies top 200 player on reaper. Spawning heavies just got cool . Tongue
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgpKMAww
03-11-2013, 02:37 AM
(03-11-2013 02:10 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Let's try to emulate a situation where thorns have 2HP, and don't give out a wit for kill.

Whenever a thorn gets attacked by a soldier (drop to 1HP) the Veggie player has to unroot that thorn as late as possible on his turn (to avoid replay shenannigans).

Any voulenteers?
I could try that. Although it would be crazy trying to watch the replay. And I think it would be more realistic to remove it first thing, but that would make replays unwatchable.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
03-11-2013, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 04:24 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
Bramble is NOT overpowered.

I was schooling my dad with the new bramble. Then I have him some tips; now he schools me.

This game is a bad example because I played bad, but we had an epic game on war garden were he beat me with Adorables.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5uqNAww
Nevermind that is the war garden game. This is the one I played terrible.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl5GKAww

GC: Great Wolf Sif
03-11-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:16 AM by Uvafan173.)
Here's another league win over a top veggie opponent.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YxfKNAww
03-11-2013, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 04:44 AM by laYahooz.)
(03-11-2013 04:23 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Bramble is NOT overpowered.

I was schooling my dad with the new bramble. Then I have him some tips; now he schools me.

This game is a bad example because I played bad, but we had an epic game on war garden were he beat me with Adorables.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y5uqNAww
Nevermind that is the war garden game. This is the one I played terrible.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yl5GKAww

Oh wow you got owned on that veggie vs feedback match!

I'm still taking the stand that bramble isn't OP too. The only think OP about him is that retract thorn glitch Tongue

Had you tried veggies in 2v2 yet SPW?
Actually just watched the other map on war garden. Now I'm questioning how veggies can deal with a heavy rush.