• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-07-2013, 04:37 PM
RE: Bramble v3
(03-07-2013 10:21 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Game vs Goheat3

I win. Smile

Turn 14 he could've turned the game around but didnt go for the right branch

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9uWHAww

This game makes Bramble look OP for sure.
Maybe if the whole plant was seen as one character so it only got one hit per turn?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 06:15 PM by Beaker1210.)
Hello all. I'm new to the forums but I thought I would start by posting here. So I had a game going against another player who was using veggies. He was laying out brambles like no tomorrow and I was weeding through them with snipers and what not. (I had Adorables). I'm just getting ready to make some big moves when out comes the new patch. All of a sudden he got to wipe out the majority of my manpower in 1 TURN!! Needless to say I was a little peeved. I'm only in Clever League and he is in Gifted League but I was probably going to win the game. It will be the first league match since placement that I've lost a game. I'm unhappy about this! Angry To be fair I did have a couple accidental thumb pokes on the touch screen to screw me up but it wasn't to bad to recover from until the patch. Anybody else have a similar problem? I'm waiting for my opponent to take his last turn so I can see how much of a hit in points I will take.

-:Clever League:-
Silver Possum Division: #1 and movin on up!
GCName: Beaker1210
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-07-2013, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2013 05:38 PM by jaxxinjr.)
(03-07-2013 04:37 PM):!:CoryMo:!: Wrote:  
(03-07-2013 10:21 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Game vs Goheat3

I win. Smile

Turn 14 he could've turned the game around but didnt go for the right branch

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9uWHAww

This game makes Bramble look OP for sure.
Maybe if the whole plant was seen as one character so it only got one hit per turn?

Yup, I predict it'll end up very OP. either nerf it to one hit per turn or put thorns back to 2 wits.

Well, better go polish my veggie skills to stay competitive until the inevitable nerf in a couple months...
03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
(03-07-2013 07:51 AM)Aginor8 Wrote:  This is what I thought the bramble was going to be like at the start. Ill be interested (and frustrated) when my base goes down to a thorn sneak attack lol
Bramble thorns can't hit the base. At least they couldn't in the beta. I'll have to test in pass n play but I'm pretty sure they can only damage units,
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
It's highly unlikely that there was a change made for brambles to hit bases. That would be very overpowered, especially since you only need one opening/vacant adjacent hex, seeing as you can withdraw thorns.
03-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I tested the base attack in pass n play as soon as I got the update. Doesn't work.

-:Clever League:-
Silver Possum Division: #1 and movin on up!
GCName: Beaker1210
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
(03-07-2013 05:10 PM)Beaker1210 Wrote:  Hello all. I'm new to the forums but I thought I would start by posting here. So I had a game going against another player who was using veggies. He was laying out brambles like no tomorrow and I was weeding through them with snipers and what not. (I had Adorables). I'm just getting ready to make some big moves when out comes the new patch. All of a sudden he got to wipe out the majority of my manpower in 1 TURN!! Needless to say I was a little peeved. I'm only in Clever League and he is in Gifted League but I was probably going to win the game. It will be the first league match since placement that I've lost a game. I'm unhappy about this! Angry To be fair I did have a couple accidental thumb pokes on the touch screen to screw me up but it wasn't to bad to recover from until the patch. Anybody else have a similar problem? I'm waiting for my opponent to take his last turn so I can see how much of a hit in points I will take.

Yep, same thing happened with my game too. But oh we'll, at least veggies are stronger now.

I wonder if it'd be more balanced if the thorn is 2hp instead of 3
03-07-2013, 08:34 PM
Bramble thorns cannot hit base. Killing your own thorns is free.
One action per thorn per turn.
03-07-2013, 11:52 PM
(03-07-2013 05:56 PM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  It's highly unlikely that there was a change made for brambles to hit bases. That would be very overpowered, especially since you only need one opening/vacant adjacent hex, seeing as you can withdraw thorns.

I thought that doesn't work since you can either attack or withdraw, not both

iPro Clan
03-08-2013, 12:44 AM
I agree it's not overpowered (yet?) but at the very least, the bramble has more uses now than just harassing wit spaces.