Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-07-2013, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 04:40 AM by Ja Karta.)
Bramble v3
Thoughts on the new bramble?
Thorns 3hp.
+1 wit on kill.
Thorns can be uprooted individually (parent-child rules still apply, uprooting is *free*, uprooting counts as an action (so no attacking first)).
Thorns can attack adjacent enemies for 1 damage. [Edit: can not attack base]

Example play illustrating new abilities and (very) basic strategies: http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Yz8mGAww
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yz8mGAww (Master/Gifted friendly; just playing, but nice illustration; finishes with ensnared mobi for style Smile )

Could it make Bramble *too* powerful?
I'm okay with that. Better to overshoot a bit and then mellow it down than force veggies to toil forward in obscurity.

Predictions people?
Share 'em now and you can say "called it" later. Wink

One minor point: now that thorns can uproot Feedback no longer can have spawns permanently disabled by scrambling thorns.
Uproot only adds any advantages in a match up for feedback. Which is probably good since the overall power of bramble has increased and Scally & Adors had a more pronounced advantage previously (this moves in the direction of greater match-up balance).
[Edit: retraction will probably make practical scrambling thorns difficult in mid- to high- level play; especially given that it's free]

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 07:48 AM
RE: Bramble v3
Seems maybe a bit OP, but we'll see. It basically means the counter to thorns is heavies, since thorns can take out snipers on their own

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-07-2013, 07:51 AM
This is what I thought the bramble was going to be like at the start. Ill be interested (and frustrated) when my base goes down to a thorn sneak attack lol

[Image: sig.png]
03-07-2013, 07:56 AM
(03-03-2013 05:36 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  I think bramble would be better if you could grow thorn patches on enemy units. I hate when you can't regrow your killed thorn patches because the enemy units are standing in the way.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
I think the one damage part is a bit overpowered because hypothetically if someone had a lot of wits, and there was a sniper anywhere on the board, they could kill it.

WOLFPACK!!
¡Master League! "Taking the kids to school"

$TILL - OUTWITTERS TOURNEY MODERATOR (beta)
[Image: flamingtext_22866688630370305.gif]
03-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Read the blog. Bramble can do the things you wanted Ja Karta

03-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Firstly, the base cannot be attacked by thorns so before people get scared that one turn kills can be polanned ahead with saving wits they can't. Also, we've been testing the Bramble with the updates in beta and so far they have proved to be pretty powerful, although no one has found them to be 'Overpowered' so far. Various reputable players have felt so far that the Bramble is definitely up to par that before with the though they could become the equivilent of what adorables is now - but there's been no significantly scary advantages or big drawbacks so far as for example when Bombshells dominated the game. Thorns are far more expensive to attack with for 1 damage han a runner and having a behind the lines sniper can be effective at neutralising them. However it does nicely restrict utility with the sniper and the withdrawing does make more options to the Bramble player which is nice and reduces how much the opponent can control the bramble player through innefficient trades.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-07-2013, 08:16 AM
Excited!

I won't be able to get to my device for another seven hours. Could someone please post screenshots of the new maps so I can start thinking?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2013, 08:20 AM
PS what you said about feedback gaining advantages is a little ridiculus; firstly you will almost never find a situation that a bramble player can put a thorn on your spawn with the best solution be to scramble it. Secondly, the thorn scrambled subject to the same rules as the Bramble players thorns so now feedback can only use the bramble on the turn it is scrambled - that's it. Once it's scrambled, the Bramble player can just uproot it's parent and it disspears (I believe, that's what I remember)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
03-07-2013, 08:27 AM
(03-07-2013 08:16 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Excited!

I won't be able to get to my device for another seven hours. Could someone please post screenshots of the new maps so I can start thinking?

Skullduggary. Theres a glitch, the soldier and heavy are placed higher than normal

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)