Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-08-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: Bramble v3
One thought on the bramble:

It is the only unit in the game that can, given enough wits, deal damage to the enemy base in the SAME turn as it was spawned. This does require a huge amounts of wits to pull off, but if you got your opponent down to 1 base hp, a 1 turn surprise ending that he can't see coming could potentially be really strong.

On the other hand, Mobi allow any other unit to deal damage to the enemy base in the same turn they were spawned, so I don't think Bramble is getting too strong here. I do like the changes though, although being able to remove a vine after having it attack would have been pretty funny, of course.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 01:52 AM by Piko.)
If I remember correct, thorns can't hit bases...
03-08-2013, 01:57 AM
Holy crap people, read the thread!
03-08-2013, 02:09 AM
(03-07-2013 05:10 PM)Beaker1210 Wrote:  Hello all. I'm new to the forums but I thought I would start by posting here. So I had a game going against another player who was using veggies. He was laying out brambles like no tomorrow and I was weeding through them with snipers and what not. (I had Adorables). I'm just getting ready to make some big moves when out comes the new patch. All of a sudden he got to wipe out the majority of my manpower in 1 TURN!! Needless to say I was a little peeved. I'm only in Clever League and he is in Gifted League but I was probably going to win the game. It will be the first league match since placement that I've lost a game. I'm unhappy about this! Angry To be fair I did have a couple accidental thumb pokes on the touch screen to screw me up but it wasn't to bad to recover from until the patch. Anybody else have a similar problem? I'm waiting for my opponent to take his last turn so I can see how much of a hit in points I will take.

I didn't have anyone playing Veggies against me in league play, but a couple of my 2v2 matches where I was playing as veggies got VERY interesting after the patch. Wink

I wouldn't sweat the loss. You don't need a perfect record to get ahead in OW, just take it in stride. Actually, get used to losing and learning from your losses (you can even learn something from this one).

*** I'm up for friendly invites anytime! ***
GC: freerodo (ex RodoAC)
Kik Messenger: freerodo
1v1 Gifted League
2v2 Master League with HairballRemedy
03-08-2013, 03:45 AM
I think sweet tooth is not good. Two wit spaces for one spawn makes that I always have a bunch of useless wits. And it seems a too defensive map!

War garden seems really awesome and so does skulldiggery!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-08-2013, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 04:45 AM by Ja Karta.)
(03-08-2013 03:45 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  I think sweet tooth is not good. Two wit spaces for one spawn makes that I always have a bunch of useless wits. And it seems a too defensive map!

War garden seems really awesome and so does skulldiggery!

Bit off topic, but I think part of what people are shooting for: diversity of high-level strategies.
This, theoretically, makes wits a minimal issue thus potentially drastically changing game goals and thus gameplay. (Not unlike the 'no spawn' tourney.)
I think that's neat.

Regardless 1/11 games use it.

Going to be interesting using Feedback on it given the either/or nature of the level.

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
03-08-2013, 06:32 AM
(03-08-2013 01:52 AM)Piko Wrote:  If I remember correct, thorns can't hit bases...

Aww, too bad, haha. BUT! Another idea I had (and I tested it, it works) is taking a Wit-Space over completely in one turn by growingn one vine on it, removing it, and growing a second vine on it. Total cost, two (growing both vines costs 1 wit each, removing the first vine doesnt cost anything) plus whatever it costs you to bring two vine chains up to the w
itspace.
03-08-2013, 06:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 06:42 AM by TRUE!!.)
I am loving the new brambles! I played veggienauts exclusively for about 20 games before the update and managed to lose a jump from clever to gifted. I was about to abandon the team, it was very frustrating. With the new bramble powers, though, I feel like I might be able to regain my promotion!

I love the new 1 wit attack from the thorns, and the ability to withdraw them is such a massive improvement! Early on I had a game where I blocked in my sniper with my own brambles (edit: on my own spawn space, duh!) and I had to wait for my opponent to kill my thorns, no more of that kind of foolery!

I also had a game where someone used the feedback scrambler to 'turn' a bramble that I had placed on their spawn space, which was to my advantage of course since they couldn't withdraw it and I wouldn't kill it, so I suppose that's the last time I'll be able to see anything that hilarious, but it's totally worth it.

Excellent update, I started a bunch of new veggienaut games and will continue to play them now, thanks!
03-08-2013, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 09:17 AM by Alvendor.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvOSFAww

Bramble vs bramble is definitely more is interesting with the new patch, not the snoozefest it was before.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y0caHAww

Think early bombshells will be common on all new maps for scallywags. Didn't work that great for me here but with a bit of practice Wink
In bombshell vs bramble the bramble is much more irritating than before but still not a great matchup as the games still progress very slow.

Soldier spam FTW
03-08-2013, 09:21 AM
lol ive never seen so many snipers die in a single game.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*