Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Bramble v3
03-16-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Bramble v3
Maybe the thorn range should only be to adjacent tiles. With a range of one the Bramble has to be more strategically spaced so they guard where they are needed and it would also put some value in having mutiple bramblers. Plus having them spawn in line tells you which one are parents. doesn't sound perfect but not sure there is any perfect "fix".

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2013, 01:43 AM
I have tried every single strategy, even with scrambler which seems to work the most, but it turns out to be frustrating. And now everyone is using the bramble. I was opposed to using it as i think is cheap, but will start doing so to regain my lost places. This really needs to be fixed.
03-16-2013, 02:03 AM
RE: Bramble v3ns sy
Seems I will have to post some replays to prove bramble can be easily countered.. (When my opponent creates a bramble I'm actually happy, it has NEVER put me in difficulty, in contrary I have the unit count advantage)

The more I play being adorables or feedback, the more I think bramble is in fact not overpowered at all. Burno still hasn't managed to overwhelm me with his thorns. He tries strategies, doesn't play as perfectly as possible, but he can't even reach me.

If anyone doesn't believe me, he can invite me in a friendly being veggies. Even on Tg. Smile

Here is already one, enjoy! I'm veggie but I didn't create a bramble ^^ my opponent said "finally someone who knows how to play against bramble".. He became ST less than one day ago. That means I was right saying people don't even make little effort to change of play style when they meet veggies. Some may say "meeh you're ST it's easy to say so", but overpowered would mean that, if your opponent made a mistake, he would still be in a big advantage. Which is NOT the case at all. A single error makes your bramble dead.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y9vONAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-16-2013, 02:24 AM
(03-16-2013 02:03 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Seems I will have to post some replays to prove bramble can be easily countered.. (When my opponent creates a bramble I'm actually happy, it has NEVER put me in difficulty, in contrary I have the unit count advantage)

The more I play being adorables or feedback, the more I think bramble is in fact not overpowered at all. Burno still hasn't managed to overwhelm me with his thorns. He tries strategies, doesn't play as perfectly as possible, but he can't even reach me.

If anyone doesn't believe me, he can invite me in a friendly being veggies. Even on Tg. Smile

Here is already one, enjoy! I'm veggie but I didn't create a bramble ^^ my opponent said "finally someone who knows how to play against bramble".. He became ST less than one day ago. That means I was right saying people don't even make little effort to change of play style when they meet veggies. Some may say "meeh you're ST it's easy to say so", but overpowered would mean that, if your opponent made a mistake, he would still be in a big advantage. Which is NOT the case at all. A single error makes your bramble dead.

I'd argue that your opponent didnt play that great...

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
03-16-2013, 02:39 AM
(03-16-2013 02:24 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(03-16-2013 02:03 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Seems I will have to post some replays to prove bramble can be easily countered.. (When my opponent creates a bramble I'm actually happy, it has NEVER put me in difficulty, in contrary I have the unit count advantage)

Agree, if all my bramble opponents play like that i will have no issue, i have also taken some easy ones that seem to just go in straight lines. My issue is with bramble players that know how to use him
03-16-2013, 02:47 AM
(03-16-2013 02:39 AM)Mustafa.69 Wrote:  
(03-16-2013 02:24 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  

Agree, if all my bramble opponents play like that i will have no issue, i have also taken some easy ones that seem to just go in straight lines. My issue is with bramble players that know how to use him

Well kee23 is a ST...I just don't know why he was being offensive so early, wasting wits and playing into the sniper.

1v1 Super-Titan

03-16-2013, 03:11 AM
Then, if my opponent didn't play that great and lost, bramble isn't overpowered. Aren't players who handle mobi hard to beat? It's the same here, I really don't get your point.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-16-2013, 03:14 AM
(03-16-2013 03:11 AM)W1cked21 Wrote:  Then, if my opponent didn't play that great and lost, bramble isn't overpowered. Aren't players who handle mobi hard to beat? It's the same here, I really don't get your point.

My point is he lost because he made a lot of bad decisions, from his approach to the game to specific moves he made. The argument that bramble is OP is based on the ease of use and that given equally skilled opponents the veggie will almost always win.

Honestly he was probably just overconfident going into the match.

1v1 Super-Titan

03-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Ya, i played overconfident that match, wasted sooo many wits going into the sniper. Then i went in again to kill the medic not expecting him to have the tile to the medics left covered by a runner

Kee_23
03-16-2013, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 03:26 AM by connor34911.)
On a side note I don't think bramble is THAT OP anymore...I think it needs a little nerf but that's all. I think that it hit adorables the most and this is why everyone thinks its so OP. However, is may just provide the nerf everyone seemed to want for adorables. (Assuming veggies get nerfed a little)

Scallys are definitely viable against veggies if you protect your bombshell, and feedback has shown some promise.

1v1 Super-Titan