Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[Winner: Mag!cGuy] 2v2 Random "All your unit are belong to us" tournament
03-28-2013, 06:12 AM
RE: [In Progress] 2v2 Random "All your unit are belong to us" tournament
There's still something that feels a bit wrong about this format. It's a bit too rough, especially in the top, where it basically comes down to turn count. In the original tourney, you could just win every game, and be certain of victory. You can't here (well, everybody lost at least once already).

What I suggest:

After the initial play, the top 7 play another sequence of 4 games/person (1 P1 game each). Points and turn average carry on from the intial games (maybe not - just have to discuss this). This will take out most of the Bad Things at the top, which is reasonable to a certain extent when it just happens, but not if it keeps sombody from winning the game.

Now let's say no Bad Things happened with multiple participants and they all scored max points (48). Now turn count will come into play, which brings me to my next problem: You shouldn't be able to lose the dourney while having played perfectly and winning every game. Wait, I can say that better: you shouldn't be able to lose, while making no mistakes from your side (in other words: while only taking losses due to your teammates).

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [In Progress] 2v2 Random "All your unit are belong to us" tournament - Gf!sh - 03-28-2013 06:12 AM