Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General scallywag positions, with bombshell
03-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Wink General scallywag positions, with bombshell
Any specific formations with good success? I rarely use bombs, cause I prefer soldiers with runners/snipers for defense and eyes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 11:32 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: General scallywag positions, with bombshell
bombshells usually go well with hole hexes. its easier to defend cause only a ranged unit (sniper)
will be able to reach you directly. all the other units have to go around the hole hexes

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
03-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Your soldier/runner/sniper is a nice group, and costs one wit less than a bombshell to spawn. But since it takes three spawn turns, I'd consider bombshell instead on one spawn maps, to use your lone spawn space as efficiently as possible.
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Other than what theqwertiest already said, which is great advice, I would not be afraid to get one out very early. Nothing will kill a 4hp bombshell out your second turn. I've learned this since playing more with scallywags lately.
03-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Like all two hit to kill units, if you put them where there is only one adjacent hex to attack from, then they are protected from being killed unless they have a sniper to hit the bombshell, but if you get your bombshell in place first, then you'll be able to detect that sniper anyways before it could be in range.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
03-06-2013, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 05:04 AM by CombatEX.)
(03-05-2013 11:31 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  bombshells usually go well with hole hexes. its easier to defend cause only a ranged unit (sniper)
will be able to reach you directly. all the other units have to go around the hole hexes

You do need to be cautious when doing this though. Especially since nearly all high level players play Adorables now, you have to be careful about placing a bombshell next to a hole as it can be sniped with mobi sniper. If you do place your bombshell across a hole you need to be sure that a runner cannot hit your shell.

Anyway, against any team that isn't Adorables, I like to place my shell such that it splashes my opponent's wit space. Against Adorables, however, the best way to use a shell is to NOT USE ONE AT ALL. You need to kill the Adorables player on the turn they make their mobi or shortly after before they can use it to great effect (hit and run to gain a numbers advantage or teleporting units like snipers forwards and gaining a wit/positional advantage). Getting a bombshell and trying to out-turtle them is a losing strategy. Honestly though I just suggest you simply play Adorables instead of Scallywags. Better to have the option of using your special at some point than to have a useless one.

Yes, I know I'm usually an advocate of "wait and see" instead of saying something is imbalanced, but we have waited for a few months and the trend towards high level players switching to Adorables is only getting worse. Especially telling is the stats page on OSN. Scallywags used to have the highest percentage which made sense since they are the free team, but now Adorables use has far exceeded that of the Scallywags. From personal experience as well as from people I have spoke with in ST games many people share this view (you can also witness this in forum posts by high level players). Even new talent recognize this and are quick to switch to Adorables. One example is acameronp. He used to play Scallywags but I've encountered him many times over the past few months and he admitted that he was having no luck with Scallywags as he began facing high ranking players and ultimately switched to Adorables. Now look where he is. =P I'm sure he has also just gotten better, but I don't doubt that changing to Adorables helped.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]