Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Understanding of how WITS work???
03-05-2013, 07:11 AM
An Understanding of how WITS work???
Looking for some clarification here on how Wits work in Outwitters? I understand the premise that it costs Wits to spawn, move, and attack. What I do not understand is why "Sometimes" I move a unit and it doesn't cost me a Wit to attack but then another time it does. I can't find any rhyme or reason to this concept. Every unit, with the exception of the healer, I have moved and been able to attack Wit free one time and then not another. I have had pretty good success since I started playing but when it comes to planning out your moves this has cost me dearly in serveral games because I plan someting out to the last point of Wit only to find that I get screwed on the last move. Another question/concern is if there is indeed free attack on units why can't I move a unit with only a single point of Wit left and get a free attack? The logic doesn't make sense and I can't find anything to explain how this all works. This information is really crucial for players, like myself, who really like to strategize everything out to the last detail. Thank you in advance for your replies and comments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:13 AM by GoHeat 3.)
RE: An Understanding of how WITS work???
You get +1 wit/kill.
You don't get to attack with one wit left when you have to move because you still need that wit to make the action.
Oh and you also get +1 wit when you brainwash something.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
03-05-2013, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:24 AM by GreatGonzales.)
You need to plan your moves ahead of time. Suppose you have 6 wits and there is a runner that you can kill in "1" wit (move soldier (1 wit) and hit the runner (1 - 1 = 0 wits)). A good way to think about is that you don't get the extra wit until AFTER you've killed a unit. So, you must first spend a wit in order to receive the bonus wit. Thus, if you only have 1 wit at the end of your turn, too bad - you can't kill that runner in range of your soldier. Plan turn around this.
The only action in Outwitters that truly takes no wits is the bramble root/unroot. (Right, guys?)

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
03-05-2013, 07:27 AM
No such thing as a "Free Attack" It only appears that way because it costs 1 to attack, then you get +1 back for the kill so it appears as though it cost you nothing. However they are 2 separate events. If you have 0 wits you can't attack, even though doing so would give you a +1 for the kill and leave you back on 0.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
03-05-2013, 07:28 AM
(03-05-2013 07:23 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  The only action in Outwitters that truly takes no wits is the bramble root/unroot. (Right, guys?)

Yes, but you need to have at least 1 wit to root for free.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]