Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opponent sight marker suggestion
07-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Opponent sight marker suggestion
It would be REALLY handy if you could tap and hold on your opponent pieces to see a shaded area where they can see. I know I can count, but maybe I am lazy? lol Seriously though, this would be a nice feature. That or a colored line on the board (in their color, but thicker too for color challenged folks) that shows how far their visible pieces can see. This would aid it quicker/more indepth strategy.

Also on replay when a turn first starts, flash the side that is about to be replayed. So many games going that at times not sure which army is mine/theirs and I miss the first replayed move and have to rematch it. All about saving time. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 11:47 PM by Harti.)
RE: Opponent sight marker suggestion
(07-07-2012 11:31 PM)bspooky Wrote:  It would be REALLY handy if you could tap and hold on your opponent pieces to see a shaded area where they can see. I know I can count, but maybe I am lazy? lol Seriously though, this would be a nice feature. That or a colored line on the board (in their color, but thicker too for color challenged folks) that shows how far their visible pieces can see. This would aid it quicker/more indepth strategy.

Interesting idea, you mean like in Fire Emblem for the NDS, Wii or NGC? Then again, this would take away a lot of the thinking part from Outwitters which is not so cool. Should it display the attacking range as well?

It would be quite irritating (and frustrating) if you just happen to step one field out of their range and suddenly, out of FOW, another unit can attack you.

Furthermore it would require a good idea how to implement that into the UI. I don't think that a long tap is intuitive.

Quote:Also on replay when a turn first starts, flash the side that is about to be replayed. So many games going that at times not sure which army is mine/theirs and I miss the first replayed move and have to rematch it. All about saving time. Wink

You could remember your name and read? =)

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
(07-07-2012 11:31 PM)bspooky Wrote:  It would be REALLY handy if you could tap and hold on your opponent pieces to see a shaded area where they can see. I know I can count, but maybe I am lazy? lol Seriously though, this would be a nice feature. That or a colored line on the board (in their color, but thicker too for color challenged folks) that shows how far their visible pieces can see. This would aid it quicker/more indepth strategy.

There is a problem of perspective here. If the game were to draw the actual viewing range of your enemies army, you could infer the positions of units in the fog of war. Displaying the viewing range of enemy units in your field of view is already implemented:
[Image: IMG_1490.PNG]
You just need to tap on enemy units during your turn.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah this is really handy if you don't want to count, Kamikaze.
Be aware however, that you can see over the holes in the ground but not move, so they're not indicated in the move range.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
07-08-2012, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 12:34 AM by bspooky.)
(07-07-2012 11:47 PM)Harti Wrote:  .... Then again, this would take away a lot of the thinking part from Outwitters which is not so cool. Should it display the attacking range as well?

Yup, show attack range too. But this doesn't take away from a lot of the thinking in Outwitters, being able to see where the units you can see can see (whew) just speeds things up. Counting hexes from an enemy unit isn't thinking, it is menial and time consuming.
Quote:It would be quite irritating (and frustrating) if you just happen to step one field out of their range and suddenly, out of FOW, another unit can attack you.

Yeah, but you already have that irritation of "leaping" before looking anyway and getting clobbered by your lack of foresight. Wink

Quote:You could remember your name and read? =)

LOL, but I am searching top/bottom of screen for my name and missing all the replay action. Wink I think I just noticed the color banner along the top is showing the replay players color, which wouldn't be mine, so that is good enough.
(07-08-2012 12:07 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  There is a problem of perspective here. If the game were to draw the actual viewing range of your enemies army, you could infer the positions of units in the fog of war. ...

Yeah, I was only asking for seeing how far their visible pieces could see, and wow, it is already there!!!

I could have sworn I tried to do this, but maybe it wasn't when it was my turn but post move screen / just looking at the map, or maybe I am just crazy.

But thanks for posting this, because it is exactly what I wanted, and it is well implemented too!!!
07-08-2012, 03:47 AM
So currently we can already see a unit's vision range by clicking on it. My understanding is that you would want a way to select all visible enemies at the same time? That would be a nice feature. Of course, one would have to be careful not to get complacent when using this as you can't see the vision your opponent gains from units in the fog. Sounds like a useful tool though. Hope to see it implemented.
07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
(07-08-2012 03:47 AM)Szei Wrote:  So currently we can already see a unit's vision range by clicking on it. My understanding is that you would want a way to select all visible enemies at the same time? That would be a nice feature. Of course, one would have to be careful not to get complacent when using this as you can't see the vision your opponent gains from units in the fog. Sounds like a useful tool though. Hope to see it implemented.

Long hold on an enemy unit to show all visible enemy unit's range would work. Smile
07-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Do snipers have a sight range of 1 (movement = sight)? Or is it larger than that?

I AM THE 99.9997%!

[Image: sig.png]
07-08-2012, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 09:38 AM by Kamikaze28.)
Snipers have a sight range of 3 - otherwise their ranged attack wouldn't make much sense.

Instead of saying "units can see as far as they can move" one could say "units can see as far as they can move or attack". The only problem is the Bombshell which can 'damage' cells outside its field of view.

Edit: Beat Szei by seconds *WIN*

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 09:40 AM by Szei.)
Sniper has sight range 3.

Edit: =,(