Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 04:24 PM by worldfamous.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-18-2012 04:27 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 03:01 AM)Gfich Wrote:  2v2 split

In this game, we (Last Angel and me) tried to pressurize both bases, and it worked out quite well, although it got kinda awkward around turn 30 (i had to step on my teammate's spawn to prevent my base from dying horribly).

Any advise, guys?

Hmmmm looks pretty chaotic from both sides. Too many runners were moved next to enemy units letting them die to only 1 wit. Lots of runners were spawned and boosted when you(or your partner) could have assumed they'd be hit by a solider anyway so the boost was a wasted wit. You guys attacked both bases separately instead of one base together. You didn't seem to defend your side at all, instead attacking with and losing most of your units on that side of the map, leaving your base open pretty much the whole game. Your medic was spawned pretty late, after you did a bunch of attacking, might have been more effective to spawn earlier.

I'd work on setting up before attacking and spawning less runners in general. Your team might want to experiment with spawning and boosting soldiers, they're pretty useful.
A couple things I'd add. The most important thing to know in 2v2 is turn order. On the turn you blocked your teammate's spawn, you didn't really need to. Blue was not next and your teammate had a sniper there to take him down on his turn. Also there we a couple times where orange used wits to hit 3 health soldiers with his runner when red's heavy and sniper were right next to them and could finish them on their turn. Save those wits. If the soldiers were boosted,it's a good play. At 3 health it's unnecessary.

(10-18-2012 04:27 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 03:01 AM)Gfich Wrote:  2v2 split

In this game, we (Last Angel and me) tried to pressurize both bases, and it worked out quite well, although it got kinda awkward around turn 30 (i had to step on my teammate's spawn to prevent my base from dying horribly).

Any advise, guys?

Hmmmm looks pretty chaotic from both sides. Too many runners were moved next to enemy units letting them die to only 1 wit. Lots of runners were spawned and boosted when you(or your partner) could have assumed they'd be hit by a solider anyway so the boost was a wasted wit. You guys attacked both bases separately instead of one base together. You didn't seem to defend your side at all, instead attacking with and losing most of your units on that side of the map, leaving your base open pretty much the whole game. Your medic was spawned pretty late, after you did a bunch of attacking, might have been more effective to spawn earlier.

I'd work on setting up before attacking and spawning less runners in general. Your team might want to experiment with spawning and boosting soldiers, they're pretty useful.
A couple things I'd add. The most important thing to know in 2v2 is turn order. On the turn you blocked your teammate's spawn, you didn't really need to. Blue was not next and your teammate had a sniper there to take him down on his turn. Also there we a couple times where orange used wits to hit 3 health soldiers with his runner when red's heavy and sniper were right next to them and could finish them on their turn. Save those wits. If the soldiers were boosted,it's a good play. At 3 health it's unnecessary.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - worldfamous - 10-18-2012 04:22 PM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM