Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-08-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-08-2012 03:29 AM)Gfich Wrote:  2v2 madness

My second placement match in 2v2 Random; I lost quite badly after surviving quite a while on 1HP, that last-minute kamikaze was the fail of the day on my part, though.

I love to hear some advise on how to prevent these situations.
Probably the most important aspect of 2v2 is knowing which opponent is next and moving accordingly. Early on when pink rushed, you ignored his soldier even though he was 2 spaces away from your shark and his turn was next. By moving your shark down and killing him, you not only prevent him from hitting your base, you force them to defend. I assume you held back so as not to put your shark in harms way, but red was next and no threat and your partner could have protected from yellow. It is tough when opponents rush early. When they do, I find it best to defend in a way that leaves your players in a position to pressure your opponents base, causing them to slow down the attack or leave themselves vulnerable. Moving your shark to that position creates both. There was another turn where your partner spawned a sniper to kill a soldier that was approaching your base. This was a case of knowing turn order. He could've spawned a soldier to set up more defense and let you kill the soldier with your heavy, as it wasn't that opponents turn next. As a result, his sniper was exposed and killed by a runner on the next turn. Another thing I noticed was heavy runner spamming. In 2v2, runners can be useful but you rarely need more than 1 or 2 on the board. Runner spamming will never win a game like it can in 1v1. Sorry, I'm a little all over the place. Hope that's helpful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - worldfamous - 10-08-2012 05:23 PM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM