Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-07-2012, 12:39 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-07-2012 12:22 PM)Syvan Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 07:27 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I won this game but want to know what I could of done better just for my attack which starts on turn 36!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YvuG-AQw

Ok, since you ask for criticism Smile

First, I know you are trying to play better players, but this opponent is fairly unskilled. I could point out lots of pretty substantial errors.

As for your play, nothing terribly bad. As player 2, you should not be able to pressure their sniper with your first move. I'm surprised it worked, but don't count on that continuing to work. The biggest thing I would say is try to get that Mobi out much earlier. It's not necessary to build up so many units before building that Mobi. The Mobi will cut through fewer units more easily. You also got lucky that they decided to move their Mobi in the completely wrong direction. Also, try not to sacrifice the Mobi like you did toward the end. I think the trade of a mobi and a sniper for 3 HP on the base was not a great trade. It worked but you would have probably been been better off keeping the mobi.

One last thing. When I'm going to deploy a mobi, I like to buildup forces on the opposite side of the map. This has 2 important roles. Your forces will likely force your opponent to build up similar strength far away from where you plan to attack and if they are already planning to attack away from your mobi, you will be ready to defend and then be able to quickly counter-attack.

Here is a replay that illustrates how much less protected your Mobi can be. You just need a bit of vision advantage to move it into position. After a couple turns, you can build an army around it.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YmsGjAQw

Otherwise, nice game.
Thanks for the advice!Smile
Just to let you know I didn't see a Mobi in the replay you posted.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - GoHeat 3 - 10-07-2012 12:39 PM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM