Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
09-28-2012, 11:47 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(09-28-2012 10:20 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y9vCyAQw
I'm sure there are some things I could have done better!

Heya GoHeat3! My thoughts on that game:

Opening: I'm not sure about the effectiveness of this opening. You concentrate your influence on the left half of the board, but usually on this map you want to attack along the way where the opponent's spawn point is not. On turn 7 you have to reposition your units because of that, costing you about 2 wits.

Turn 9: You could have killed his Heavy instead of dealing 2 damage to the base. The tradeoff for bringing your opponent's base to 3 hp isn't very good in this situation, because it leaves your enemy with a big unit advantage as seen in Turn 10.

Turn 11: Positioning that Soldier there is very risky. Even though it's hidden by the fog right now, he can see it by moving his own Soldier forward or spawning a runner (what happened). So you lose it on Turn 12 for no gain.

Turn 13-21: Your defense against this attack is generally solid. I think you would have gotten into problems if your opponent decided to move to the left side instead of attacking in the direction of your spawn space. The runner defense costs you a few hit points on your base, but there's nothing you can do about that. Through all that your opponent retains his unit advantage though.

Turn 23: Attacking his medic is risky, because it's so near to his spawn space and adjacent to his soldier. Probably holding back one more move would be more efficient, but I'm not sure about that because I see no way how to not lose the +wit space.

Endgame: His power on the left side is just too big and you can't hold it off.

In general I think it comes down to you losing momentum after turn 11 or so. After that all your moves are just forced reactions.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - Eijolend - 09-28-2012 11:47 PM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM