Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
11-20-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(11-20-2013 08:39 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Anything I could have done after I lost that early trade?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsK_fwAkM

I think losing the scramber on turn 36 is what finished it off. Up to that point, it seems like you did a good job defending. Perhaps instead of putting it back on your spawn, putting it one beyond knowing that a unit wouldn't be able to reach it (granted, unless there was a runner on the wit space, but there had been soldiers there, so you could have guessed that.)

Granted, your opponent played a good game keeping you at a distance with a mobi. Good high level play.

GC: TheGreatAnt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2013, 11:49 AM
(11-20-2013 11:33 AM)Someone21 Wrote:  
(11-20-2013 08:39 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Anything I could have done after I lost that early trade?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAsK_fwAkM

Are you Doodat and AllDooisRush on GameCenter? I have always been confused.

I have 2 accounts.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-20-2013, 12:02 PM
(11-20-2013 11:49 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(11-20-2013 11:33 AM)Someone21 Wrote:  

Are you Doodat and AllDooisRush on GameCenter? I have always been confused.

I have 2 accounts.

Thought so. I was seriously confused when I found replays about "Doodat" and "AlliDooisRush."

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
11-21-2013, 04:34 AM
So I'm a little aggravated now... and I suspect this is the wrong thread (but it IS an advice thread), so can someone who knows enough about the hidden rankings tell me why I got DEMOTED to Gifted after winning a game against a Master ranked player? Makes absolutely zero sense.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
11-21-2013, 04:59 AM
how many games have you played in total?
maybe you dipped below the lowest possible rank for masters and the game was what it took for the demotion to happen.. any notable losses before the demotion?

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-21-2013, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 06:01 AM by Gf!sh.)
The system is a bit 'lazy' about that. After you've hit the demotion threshold, it takes an additional game for the system to actually demote you.

My theory is that the line that says "please put this player in Gifted league if his skill value is smaller than X and his recent win/loss ratio is smaller than Y*" is in the code located before the line that says "please deduct [insert complicated formula here] points to this player's skill value if he has lost this game". Therefore, when it attempts to demote you on the game that got you over the boundaries, it doesn't, because your latest loss hasn't been counted yet. Then it counts your latest loss, and after the next game, which you've won, it actually demotes you, because you win hasn't been counted yet.

*You actually need to lose a lot of games before validating for demotion. This is to prevent constant back-and-forthing inbetween two leagues. This is also why you most likely won't repromote within the next few matches (apologies for potentially crushing your hopes and dreams).

May I ask you something: have you lost the game before this game in which you demoted.

11-21-2013, 06:11 AM
On this account, I've played 126 games in total. And aside from this most recent game, the previous game, also against a Master, was also a win. Prior to these two, there was a string of four straight losses of combined Masters and high ranked Gifteds. Just seems odd since the losses were yesterday and the day before, and the wins were both today. Very frustrating not having some transparency into this process.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
11-21-2013, 07:12 AM
It doesn't matter WHEN you lost, it's the fact that you lost against those gifted players, and that these certain matches were set aside for you to either stay in masters or demote to gifted. Because you lost enough of those certain matches, you were demoted.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-24-2013, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 06:56 AM by PhilAvery.)
Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it works something like this:

After your rank goes high enough (for promotions) or low enough (for demotions) it 'tests' your skill level for the next X number of matches (unsure how many matches X is...). In your case, in that X number of matches, you must have lost enough games to get demoted. It doesn't matter what the order of the results were, only how many wins/losses there were in them matches. You don't get promoted/demoted until the 'skill testing' matches are finished. You'll know when it's looking to promote/demote you, because it will match you against opponents of a similar hidden rank, and they will be in the league that you might be moving too (in other words you were probably playing matches against gifted players, even though you were a master league player).

And breath...

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
11-24-2013, 11:16 AM
(04-19-2013 10:53 AM)Szei Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 02:48 PM)advakharia95 Wrote:  And I just got promoted back to Masters after I lost a game...
I don't think I'll ever understand.

You're probably thinking of the system like this.

Worst person in Super-Titan hidden rating: 700
Best person in Master hidden rating: 699

Your hidden rating was 701, you won a game and went to 705 but got demoted. What's going on?! If you were already at 690 and then won and went to 695, why weren't you Master before?

Right? This is probably how you think the system works and that there is some kind of bug. This is a reasonable assumption, but as awpertunity said, there is more to the system. The following is simplified and there is more to it, but here is the basic idea of how the system actually works.

Instead of all Super-Titans being better than all Masters, there is actually some overlap. This is to prevent people on the borderline from being demoted and promoted over and over every one or two games from crossing the border. Instead, you can dip beneath some Master players as a Super-Titan but stay a Super-Titan. You have some leeway to recover. Let's say that you can be in the Masters range for 5 games before you are finally demoted out of Super-Titan unless you can get back above a certain point. Then, if you dip too far down into Master, even if you win your 5th game, you'll still be demoted to Master. Your time has run out without you getting back to the requisite hidden-rating to stay in Super-Titan. This is how you can get demoted after a win. The same is true for being promoted after a loss.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…