Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
11-13-2013, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 01:20 AM by Thrutchy.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
The majority of learning comes from losses, not wins. As long as you are analyzing (or getting help like above) your mistakes and learning from them, you will improve quickly. Both losses and wins have mistakes, but most forget to go look at their mistakes in their wins. Count each loss as a great opportunity to improve. If you want to improve even faster, play friendlies with players above your skill level. You'll lose a lot more when you do that, but like I said, that is a good thing.

So, keep on losing and learning Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-13-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm being lazy and not looking through the thread to see if the answer to my question is already posted there somewhere.. anyone have great advice on how to manage the battle on Sweetie Plains? My least favorite map, mostly because it is the only one where I still have no strategy. Not that all my other map strategies are exemplary or anything (my strategy on Reaper for example needs some serious work), but I at least have an idea for them that I can execute. What is the preferred line of attack in Sweetie Plains for folks?

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
11-13-2013, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 08:17 AM by TheQwertiest.)
My preferred line of attack in Sweetie Plains would be on the opponents wit space at the side.
The attack will be much more effective if you are able to kill the sniper at the side early on.
I usually spawn a few boosted soldiers 3-4 then hide a runner behind them to take out the sniper.
Once you gain you control of their wit space you will have an advantage while they are defending.
If it lasts a couple of turn they usually get overpowered.

here is a replay that shows the attack. its an old replay
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YsMroAww
i made a lot of mistakes near the end of a game where i could have lost the game but dont mind those.. hehe

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Actually, my plan as P1 on Sweetie plains is sending my medic to my middle spawn space so I can defend the outer wit space. P2, I go for the offensive as Pastil* described.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-13-2013, 04:05 PM
(11-13-2013 08:06 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Actually, my plan as P1 on Sweetie plains is sending my medic to my middle spawn space so I can defend the outer wit space. P2, I go for the offensive as Pastil* described.

Yep this is the way to go.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Cool, thanks - i notice in that replay you posted, both players followed the exact same strategy. The only strategy that I have successfully done on Sweetie is to thwart my opponent's attack long enough to march up and launch my own, but where my attack comes from varies as a result. Not the best, so this was useful. One other strategy I have tried and only managed to pull off once was to make a strong effort to spawn block the side spawning hex. That worked once, but I haven't managed to do it again. Smile

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
11-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Clever League

XD

Won by luck. I know i know i made tooooo many mistakes. Haha. Clever league only.
11-15-2013, 01:55 PM
@cor3:14 do most people medic their heavies p2 on SD?

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
11-16-2013, 02:10 AM
I don't think so, healing a newly spawned runner to have a durable vision on the whole map is my personaly favourite opening, and I saw some other players doing it. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-16-2013, 03:39 AM
It depends. If I'm p2 adorables, then no. If I'm p2 anything else, I want my heavy on top wit space and I'll boost it.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38