Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
11-12-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 11:00 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
At the beginning, your opponent is very wit unefficient (he moves his medic several times, he gives up a 2hp runner for a 1hp one, he completely suicides a runner at turn 6, and many other things). Your play is way more solid, so only by looking at the beginning I don't understand why you lost Tongue

Turn 9: the hex where you placed your bs is not good. It can reach almost nothing there! The aim of a bombshell is to splash your opponent's units and oblige him to retreat. A perfect hex in this situation would have been where your 3hp soldier is. It would have been unreachable, and still, the bs would have crushed the heavy!

Turn 10, his threatening is actually bad. You could have easily destroyed him, but a big part of your army (sniper+soldier+bombshell) is so damn far away from his units! This is important to understand: you need to have your units in reach of your opponent, or not far from it. But you spent 14 wits (that's enormeous) which are not gonna help you because your opponent attacks you at the middle whereas you spent those wits at the right. See what I mean? Smile

Turn 13: the place where you have put your bombshell was not optimal. You were blocking a sniper, and there was a possibility your opponent killed your bs.(you were lucky he didn't!) but, not considering those flaws, it was well done because here your bs became very useful. Your sniper has been able to rest at least :L

When I looked at turn 16, I said to myself : he won! You had so much more! You had to understand it thanks to the amount of units you killed. What you had to do at turn 17 is positionning your units so that they will, at turn 19, be able to reach and kill this bs. For example, moving your soldier nearer, spawning a runner (and not moving it) was a perfect preparation. There was a lot of chances your runner and your soldier + your bs's splash would have killed his bs. I notice you didn't dare advance because of one single bombshell that was alone. Wrong! You have much more, so you need to plan an attack in order to capitalize on your huge unit count advantage.

Turn 25: you could have killed the bs! He had nothing! Go for it, and win the game! Smile

I did not watch the whole game (very long!), but I think you have a lot to work on with the first half of the match. I didn't point out everything I could have ^^

To sum up:

- You need to plan. That means, each move you do has a real and good reason. "Where should I place my bs? Well, here, because it will prevent him from attacking. Or here, I wil be able to crush his heavy. But not here, it will be useless." I'm taking the bs as an example, but other units (like the sniper at the right) had the same problem.
- You need to figure out what your opponent has. When you destroy a lot of units at once, you have to deduce you have the edge on your opponent. Therefore, you need to see you don't have to fear that bombshelll, but actually trying to kill it before it gets unreachable again.
- Furthermore, you have been pretty wit unefficient sometimes. For example, you suicide an unit to hit the base (never do this unless you have a plan to win in the next few turns), or you spend many wits to hurt the bombshell even though there is a medic behind. Never hurt an unit, kill it!

Any questions?

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM