Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
11-02-2013, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 07:56 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(11-02-2013 07:49 AM)Doodat Wrote:  Vision on Foundry, especially turns 1-4, is a battle. My typical turn two on foundry involves:
Put premade runner on wit space.
Soldier onto wit space

What do you do next to those two moves? Smile

I wouldn't want to sound like advertising, but I have made two commentaries upon foundry games that could help you guys understand foundry metagame or simply how to manage your sniper and the runner war. Since it's my favourite map, I won't mind a friendly on it, on the contrary, if I can help, so you can invite me. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2013, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 07:58 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
That can change quickly. It depends how your opponent plays. If he uses a soldier onto wit space to kill that runner, you can't boost your sniper. This is a big problem. However, turn two you can spawn a soldier and leave it on spawn to counter enemy sniper. Basically:
Turn 4:
Boost sniper somehow
Move both soldiers in defensive position
Keep vision up
Move wit space soldier offensively.

As to the final moves, you had a base down to 1 hp, your opponent will be looking for ways to kill your base. There are 2 real places to place the runner in range of your base, one is towards the middle of the map and the second is where he put it, in range of your backdoor. Always keep that in mind.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Good answer! haha

I personnaly prefer to put directly a soldier on my wit space and not the pregiven runner, to avoid a runner war. But you can always spawn that soldier at turn 4 to kill the opponent's runner that killed yours, so either way is fine I guess. ^^

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Yup, it can also bait the sniper into attacking. With that being said, this is how I would play P1 on Foundry:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoJuxhAoM
First 2 turns for me

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-12-2013, 05:48 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoJmB8QkM
I don't know why I lost this, I'm pretty sure the move in the beginning was right, but where did I go wrong after if that was the right move.

REMEMBER! THE ENEMY'S BASE IS DOWN!! *rotates iPad 180˚*
Master League in 1v1
Super-Titan 2v2 arranged with <n1ck> (something like that) we're in 20th place!!!!!!!!!!!
2v2 testing techniques. It's like cheating, but better
11-12-2013, 06:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:14 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
(11-12-2013 05:48 AM)bobolynx Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoJmB8QkM
I don't know why I lost this, I'm pretty sure the move in the beginning was right, but where did I go wrong after if that was the right move.

I think you would have been better off to begin with:

Turn 1: Do what you did, but boost the heavy instead of moving the medic

Your boosted heavy at 5 would be formidable up top, and you wouldn't have had to be scared about the two soldiers taking him out. You could have used him to block and attack + a sniper mobied in, instead of having to use your mobi to recall the heavy each turn.

At least that's what I think...but I'm not an adorables player.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-12-2013, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 10:24 PM by S592000.)
Star RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
I know I did a lot of mistakes like forgetting that my soldier had already hit before trying to hit again^^, still, I would like to know what to do against Scallys on Glitch when something like that happens. I felt useless on this game.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgInq2woM

GCID: S59200 Gifted League
11-12-2013, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2013 01:08 AM by TheQwertiest.)
you had the advantage earlier on the game.
scallywags on glitch is fine if youre also scallywags..
i cant really tell you what exact moves you should have made. youll have to learn that for yourself.

try to be more efficient with your wits.

i saw you hit the enemy units with the bombshell splash.
you could have hit 2 units but you chose to hit only one.

try to predict what the opponent can do.
you could have easily taken out the 1st bomshell in the mid with your unit and positional advantage
also avoid putting 2 units beside each other if you are in range of the opponents bomshell. i shouldnt have to explain this.

dont waste wits. on one of the turns you hit the 3 hp bombshell with a splash hit from your bomshell and a runner knowing that the opponent has a medic there.
you just wasted 4 wits plus a turn of spawning.
you also hit the opponents base with a runner.
this is unadvisable if you are not able to defeat the opponent in the following turns. with this you wasted about 4 wits and another turn of spawning.

if you are that uncomfortable with the enemy under the fog then invest in a 2hp runner and put it out of harms way. this is not a very good move imo but its better than making stupid mistakes because of the fog.

try to predict and remember where your opponents units are. ex. if a bombshell shoots at you then it will still be there on your turn. (it cant move once it shoots. only applicable in 1v1)

summary(?)
-learn spots where certain units are optimized by their position.
ex. a good runner spot will give you good vision and will also not be in range of the enemys spawn.

a good bomshell spot will keep the bomshell safe and rob your opponent of good spaces
to place their units

-plan like what Mag!cGuy said below. its very good advice. dont just move units because you can..

-try to have more insight. know what your opponent can do, what your opponent cant do, where the opponent units are, what your opponent spawned etc.

-be more efficient with your wits. every wit counts.

and lastly think before you move.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-12-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 11:00 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
At the beginning, your opponent is very wit unefficient (he moves his medic several times, he gives up a 2hp runner for a 1hp one, he completely suicides a runner at turn 6, and many other things). Your play is way more solid, so only by looking at the beginning I don't understand why you lost Tongue

Turn 9: the hex where you placed your bs is not good. It can reach almost nothing there! The aim of a bombshell is to splash your opponent's units and oblige him to retreat. A perfect hex in this situation would have been where your 3hp soldier is. It would have been unreachable, and still, the bs would have crushed the heavy!

Turn 10, his threatening is actually bad. You could have easily destroyed him, but a big part of your army (sniper+soldier+bombshell) is so damn far away from his units! This is important to understand: you need to have your units in reach of your opponent, or not far from it. But you spent 14 wits (that's enormeous) which are not gonna help you because your opponent attacks you at the middle whereas you spent those wits at the right. See what I mean? Smile

Turn 13: the place where you have put your bombshell was not optimal. You were blocking a sniper, and there was a possibility your opponent killed your bs.(you were lucky he didn't!) but, not considering those flaws, it was well done because here your bs became very useful. Your sniper has been able to rest at least :L

When I looked at turn 16, I said to myself : he won! You had so much more! You had to understand it thanks to the amount of units you killed. What you had to do at turn 17 is positionning your units so that they will, at turn 19, be able to reach and kill this bs. For example, moving your soldier nearer, spawning a runner (and not moving it) was a perfect preparation. There was a lot of chances your runner and your soldier + your bs's splash would have killed his bs. I notice you didn't dare advance because of one single bombshell that was alone. Wrong! You have much more, so you need to plan an attack in order to capitalize on your huge unit count advantage.

Turn 25: you could have killed the bs! He had nothing! Go for it, and win the game! Smile

I did not watch the whole game (very long!), but I think you have a lot to work on with the first half of the match. I didn't point out everything I could have ^^

To sum up:

- You need to plan. That means, each move you do has a real and good reason. "Where should I place my bs? Well, here, because it will prevent him from attacking. Or here, I wil be able to crush his heavy. But not here, it will be useless." I'm taking the bs as an example, but other units (like the sniper at the right) had the same problem.
- You need to figure out what your opponent has. When you destroy a lot of units at once, you have to deduce you have the edge on your opponent. Therefore, you need to see you don't have to fear that bombshelll, but actually trying to kill it before it gets unreachable again.
- Furthermore, you have been pretty wit unefficient sometimes. For example, you suicide an unit to hit the base (never do this unless you have a plan to win in the next few turns), or you spend many wits to hurt the bombshell even though there is a medic behind. Never hurt an unit, kill it!

Any questions?

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks guys for your help! I will analyze again and again and think more before playing^^.

GCID: S59200 Gifted League