Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-23-2013, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 05:17 AM by Chemoeum.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-23-2013 05:06 AM)Flyfly75 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgP7B_QoM

Any feedback on this 128 turn marathon? I am trying to use Moby's more efficiently, but I'm not quite there.

Thanks!

Chris
a.k.a Flyfly75

I like to use Mobi as a rescuer, or a sniper car. First I like to kill things, then refresh them by bringing back my units. Then later I transport my snipers to the base.

I like to bring three or more Mobis, but enough units. The thing is, Mobis aren't classified as attacking units, and it depends on attacking units as they depend on the Mobi too, which is why I lost this battle by having my spawn point covered, and all I had were two Mobis and a medic. I mean, Mobis have horns! The programming was just restricting them from using it. And the medics should stop being such a pacifist.

(10-23-2013 05:06 AM)Flyfly75 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgP7B_QoM

Any feedback on this 128 turn marathon? I am trying to use Moby's more efficiently, but I'm not quite there.

Thanks!

Chris
a.k.a Flyfly75

I like to use Mobi as a rescuer, or a sniper car. First I like to kill things, then refresh them by bringing back my units. Then later I transport my snipers to the base.

I like to bring three or more Mobis, but enough units. The thing is, Mobis aren't classified as attacking units, and it depends on attacking units as they depend on the Mobi too, which is why I lost this battle by having my spawn point covered, and all I had were two Mobis and a medic. I mean, Mobis have horns! The programming was just restricting them from using it. And the medics should stop being such a pacifist.

Yeah, it's all crazy.

(10-23-2013 05:06 AM)Flyfly75 Wrote:  I am trying to use Moby's more efficiently, but I'm not quite there.

Yeah, it's all crazy.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 06:26 AM
(10-15-2013 12:57 PM)Doodat Wrote:  What do I do?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJi9rwgM

Anyone?

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-23-2013, 06:56 AM

Thanks!

Chris
a.k.a Flyfly75

My thoughts...

1). Hit and run tactics are not as useful as they seem. It is tempting to kill things while preserving units, but for the most part it is a wit wasting method. There are a few times where it can be useful or helpful, such as killing a powerful or well placed unit. Sometimes it can be handy to gain visibility, or to hamper their visibility as well. The reason why you will find this strategy lacking against great opponents is they will take the hits and save the wits while moving a coordinated unit closer and closer. Pretty soon there will be lots of tension between your armies and the team with more wits can make a more devestating attack.

2). I'll use turn 9 as an example.....don't make an early attack with too few units without a good reason. Wasting wits and time on an unsuccessful attack is a sure way to defeat. I like how you started by making a soldier storm on the side. Attacking the side and the middle on that map is usually a key to victory. Since that side has a spawn space, you need to lead a more coordinated attack if you want to try and storm the base and get a faster victory. Otherwise you are just wasting units and wits.

3). If I was to say what I think generally was wrong with this game, I would say it is lack of a plan. One turn you would attack a side. Next turn you would be in the middle. Next the other side. Have a plan in mind and stick to it. You have to be flexible obviously, making moves that can attack and defend, or easily be used to attack a different side. You made plenty of great and solid moves, you just didn't coordinate them together. If you would have focused them or strung more of them together, you would have been able to win more quickly.

Now early on you and the opponent both spent quite a few moves boosting and moving runners into the middle. I wouldn't worry about this at all. Let's assume a runner does kill your runner on your bonus spot. You can move your heavy onto the bonus spot and kill the runner with tempo. Now you did a move you needed to do anyways, but were able to kill something at the same time. It isn't any more wit efficient, but you were able to eliminate a unit in the process which makes it a better move.

I also think being more aggressive is a great thing. I find people make more mistakes when pressured and under stress. This point is probably not a big deal, as some people prefer a slow defensive battle. Play TerenceShiu sometime and you'll see that being defensive can be a tough nut to crack. I just personally like applying pressure and making exciting wins. Check out some of my replays on OSN. I am pretty aggressive normally and it has led to some fun games.

Anyways, good luck! Adorables are a great team with lots of killing potential.

---Derek (ign: Jenmin0 Super Titan on 1 player and 2 player modes)

IGN: ArmyOfDerek (formerly Jenmin0)
Super-Titan 1vs1
Super-Titan 2vs2 with ASingleKindle
I have many posted games on OSN for everyone to check out.
10-24-2013, 04:29 PM
(10-15-2013 12:57 PM)Doodat Wrote:  What do I do?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAgJi9rwgM

Turn 4: pretty risky not to have vision, especiallywith your aggressive positioning
Turn 20: threw away a lot for a wit space tap. Basically wasted 4 wits (making and moving) at least, for 1wit. He is also two units up after that.
24: you didn't have to attack. He was in no position to threaten you, and you could have saved wits to take out 2 heavies in one turn.

Overall you let ur stuff be tickled by bombshells too much. Maybe u cud have attacked when u saw a bombshell as he would have been starved for wits/units. If he counter attacked, u wud have time to build an army.
I feel like u didn't take advantage of a great position. Sorry for poor feedback, I am gifted Smile

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!
10-24-2013, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2013 11:28 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Turn 4 wasn't risky at all, it's regular offensive play.
As for turn 20, that's a good point. Unfortunately, I can't afford to let him build up bombshells for forever, because adorables isn't as good at attacking as Scallywags is a defending. It's a lose lose situation. That's why I'm asking if there's anything I can do. Was there a better time to attack?

And I saw the BS but was not in position to attack. I didn't have the resources to kill it. I was on the defensive offensive the whole time, I really couldn't do anything.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
10-25-2013, 03:13 AM
I don't have the time to comment such a long game doodat, but maybe this replay can help you? Adorable VS scally on sweetie plain, with the same problem I met, and one of the best scally player of all time in front of me. Tongue

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Ymq_YAww

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Well, the problem I have is early game I guess. He got 2 bombshells in much more turtley positions which didn't allow me to do anything. My first attack failed and that was endgame.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
11-02-2013, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 07:33 AM by brayton.)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4KDLnQgM

Any tips with my general playstyle? Thanks, much appreciated

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
11-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Vision on Foundry, especially turns 1-4, is a battle. My typical turn two on foundry involves:
Put premade runner on wit space.
Soldier onto wit space

From there I can see what to do. I generally see a runner on the opponent's wit space, and spawn a runner from the spawn away from base and kill that runner. Then, I usually move my sniper towards myself.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
11-02-2013, 07:52 AM
As an amateur myself, the biggest problem I see here is losing the sniper and medic so quickly. As Doodat said, runners can help you prevent that in those crucial opening moves.