Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-26-2012, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012 07:42 AM by swimj.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(07-25-2012 04:08 PM)Goldensun92 Wrote:  Hello! What do you think about this game?
I think I was lucky my opponent made some stupid errors towards the end, maybe because he thought he already won (as did I), in fact at the start he gave me some serious beating... how could I have prevented this?

Hi, I'll try to provide some thoughts.

Turn 2-On glitch, the first player has the ability to take out a 4 health heavy standing on the wit space, as happened to you. As p2, it's best to always boost the heavy if you're going to take the wit space. Another option is to use a runner to take it (and also get some vision on the opponent).
It's not a good idea to spawn a sniper on your first move. Since it has 1hp, it is easy for a runner to pick off so you want to have some defense around it before you put it in play. Boosting it with the medic is another good option (if you make one later in the game).

Turn 4-You can probably predict there is a heavy on the wit space, and also a medic back there. It's better to wait until you can fully kill a unit to attack it, rather than partially do like you did and have the opponent use the medic to heal. Also heavies can one kill a 3hp soldier in one hit, so sending your soldier right to the shark's side was basically inviting your opponent's shark to lunch.

Turn 8-Same as turn 4. You're lucky the opponent didn't move the medic up first (a real mistake) which let your sniper kill the attacking heavy the next turn. If instead you had saved your soldier from turn 4 and used it together with the new one from turn 8, you would have had a good chance of killing the heavy without losing two units.

Afterwards, you played fine and took advantage of your opponent's mistakes.

In general, I noticed that you didn't use a single runner in the game. You need to have some balance so that you can see what is coming from your opponent. That will allow you to plan a defense and anticipate an opening such as your opponent's better. Hope it was helpful!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - swimj - 07-26-2012 07:34 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM