Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-26-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
Heya! While I'm by no means as good or qualified as our helpful Super-Titans, I hope it's ok if I just speak my mind nonetheless.

(07-24-2012 02:09 PM)Apocolyptic. Wrote:  This is my First loss. Tell me what you think, and any helpful tips. much appreciated.
-Apocolyptic.

I think it comes down to not having enough units and losing your investments with only little gain.

Turn 3: I'm not a big fan of just getting a runner hit on your opponent's base in because you can. Especially when your plan is to save up for a bigger unit, sacrificing the few units you have is not ideal. You could have spent the 2 wits for moving and attacking into getting out a soldier instead and still save up the same amount. So you end up 1 Soldier, 1 Heavy, 1 Medic vs. 1 Runner, 2 Soldiers, 1 Heavy and 1 Medic after turn 4. - On maps with only 1 Spawn you usually have to get a unit out every turn for the first few turns - otherwise you just will be greatly outnumbered.

Turn 5: I don't like the runner positioning. You know where his runner is and he can see you moving the runner there. Losing that runner on turn 6 could possibly have been avoided. Also probably getting a Soldier or Heavy out instead of the runner would have been better, because you're already at a disadvantage in fire power for not getting a unit Turn 3 and a runner doesn't help you with that. I'd gladly sacrifice vision for one turn if that means catching up with fighting units. If you saw a runner sneaking up on your medic you couldn't have done much to prevent that anyway if you don't wall off and walling off can be done without vision too and is necessary at some point anyway.

Turn 7: He was so kind to let you see the movement of his Heavy, so you knew your soldier would die on turn 8. Tradings so far: You lost 2 Runners and 1 Soldier for taking out one of his runners and 1 base HP. You can't effectively recover from that if your opponent is already halfways in your territory.

Turn 11: While a cool move, it didn't really pay off. It was probably the best move you could do at that point though.

Imo the unit disadvantage by not getting a Soldier or Heavy (or even a runner) out on Turn 3 just snowballed through the whole game.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - Eijolend - 07-26-2012 01:45 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM