Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-22-2012, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 08:26 AM by Syvan.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(07-22-2012 08:07 AM)Harti Wrote:  Yeah, true story. I think that is exactly it, and thanks for the analysis. I, however, cannot understand how that wit space rushing technique distracts you so much that you cannot even build up an army. They were so hilariously solidified I didn't stand any chance (which is why I resigned).

Yeah, I've seen a couple variants of that wit space rushing now that are quite brutal. Your initial response was good, you have to get that soldier out, but when they switch to soldiers, I think you have to consider switching to a sniper. A boosted sniper with a runner on the wit space can lock that area down pretty well. 2 hexes north of the spawn can cover the entrance to the wit space. You're not going to be able to apply pressure, but at least you can focus your attention elsewhere. Otherwise, he is paying for the cost of transit every time he touches the wit space.

Edit: You mention the possibility of trap lying in wait. I've noticed that people who apply massive pressure to the upper wit spaces rely on that pressure to keep you from the middle. I initially thought you were going to be cute with your sniper through the middle, but unfortunately it didn't work out. Things may be different in the MMR stratosphere, but I've never seen someone hide a unit behind the sniper before they have walled the front.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - Syvan - 07-22-2012 08:18 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM