Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-14-2012, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 10:03 PM by Dawizerd.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(07-14-2012 12:59 PM)Syvan Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 07:33 AM)Dawizerd Wrote:  Glitch

I seem to have trouble getting a firm course of action on this map. I spent a good amount of time cowering in fear of his buffed sniper, i suppose i should have spawned one myself and baited him closer. Any input is appreciated.

P.S. turn 18 was a complete brain freeze, I don't know what went through my head with that sniper move.

For some reason, you kept moving 4 tiles away from that sniper, at the beginning of the turn, make a little mental note where it is so you can position yourself appropriately to not get picked off again.

I would also suggest not devoting resources into attacking the base until you are confident that you will be able to win in that turn or the next one. For example, in turn 14, you move into the lower corner and take a point from the base. Although this eventually worked in your favor, it is inefficient. Save those wits for setting up your final offensive.

As for the buffed sniper. I deal with them using a runner to spot and a soldier 5 hexes away. If the sniper moves forward, take it out with the soldier. Alternatively, you can have your own sniper 5 hexes with a runner for vision.

Also, turn 24 I think. You move your medic back away from the spawn. Why? For that wit cost, you could have buffed that runner you spawned or moved the runner instead. A few turns later, you move the medic back at the cost of another wit. If you were just trying to barricade the front, try to be as movement efficient as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to give some advice, I appreciate it. Yeah, I debated that medic move at 24, I was trying to save it from getting killed by his soldier on the next turn. I definitely need to be more effective in Wit usage, I have a tendency to want to use them all "because they're there!".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - Dawizerd - 07-14-2012 10:01 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM