Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-13-2012, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 05:46 AM by Wiesnhendl.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(07-13-2012 05:07 AM)Harti Wrote:  @Wiesnhendl:
- 4: I'd probably have gone for a Soldier OR boosted the Runner (like in turn 6) so that it isn't a Runner tradeoff anymore.
- 6: Better trade the Medic off while taking their bonus space! Would've been quite cheap. Destroy the Runner with something else.
- 8: I personally wouldn't spawn Mobi if there's a Heavy coming over to say hello, but rather a Sniper! (And rather kill their Medic at the end of turn 8 instead of boosting Mobi, you could heal mobi on 10 still) And moving that Soldier away would probably have been a good idea too...
You shouldn't have focused on Mobi here. You could have killed that Heavy if you wanted to (Sniper 3 + move 1 + shoot 1 + Soldier move 1 + attack 1 = 7) and would've been far more effective. =)
- 10: Was all good, except Mobi should take in a more flexible position (between Heavy and Sniper)
- 12: I didn't see turn 11 coming either but with Mobi on the flexible spot you'd have been able to bring the Heavy to the threatened front. Furthermore, the 3 HP Soldier is the more dangerous one. It can sneak behind the obstacles to attack your base for 2-4 damage.
- 14: I'd have brought the Heavy instead of the Sniper =/
- 16: Awesome comeback!
- 22: Noooo! Why don't you just retreat the Heavy which was able to see the Sniper? (Also why did you build a Runner but didn't use it to see BEFORE you moved with the Heavy?)
- 24: A Heavy is a really bad buy against Soldier + Sniper. A Runner would have sufficed! Now comes the point where you're getting into heavy unit disadvantage. It's time to recover and to restock! Get them from the distance, like with Mobi Snipers or something and don't just run into their units while they can advance with others...
- 26: Getting Mobi out of exposure would probably have been the better call instead of rescuing the Runner...
- 30: I was expecting you to build a Runner when I watched the Replay. Unfortunately this time you made the wrong decision. You need to watch the replay more closely and make an assumption about where their Sniper could be at the moment.
- 32: Do not just sacrifice your Heavy :/
- 34: Nice educated guess!
- 38: Build something strong instead of a Runner. They are -NOT- going to build a Runner with 6+ wit.
- 44: Shoot the Soldier first. You can always miscalculate something when you're in winning euphoria.

Nice second Mobi, I didn't actually think of that. Impressive game man, you've improved a lot! But there's also a lot of tiny mistakes you did, I was really pedantic when mentioning them. Smile

Nice, thx! Some good hints. And yes, I need to watch the replay more closely. or just don't forget to hit that runner in turn 21. As a sidenote, I had about 17 wits left in the last turn, so Wit shortage clearly wasn't a problem...

About the soldier in last move, it won't reach my base in one turn, I had a mobi nearby and 17 wits, so I just wanted to block his spawn field first.

An thanks again for the praise of my development. ;-) But of course, there are a lot of missing points, but I feel, like I am somehow getting the feel of it - after playng outwitters through almost all beta stages for more than 6 months ^^

-Don't play big maps against bernaferrari if your ego is important to you.

-Don't play any maps against Josecuervo if your ego is important to you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - Wiesnhendl - 07-13-2012 05:43 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM