Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
07-08-2012, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 08:03 AM by Szei.)
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
LINK

So this is my first League game. I ultimately win, but I'm most curious about the opening few turns as I felt pressured and feel like the only way I got out of the situation was from blunders by my opponent as opposed to anything good on my part.

What would you suggest I do in turn 2 in response to my opponent's turn 1 opener?

One possibility I considered was:

Spawn a scout (4 wits left)
Move scout next to opponent soldier and attack (2 wits)
Move my soldier and attack (0 wits)

This would bring him down a soldier, but I would also have to delay the resource node for a turn. Not sure if that's worth it. The other nice thing about this opener is that moving a scout up immediately would give me much more info allowing me to change my plans if necessary.

Anyway Harti, how would you have responded to my opponent's turn 1 opener?

I feel like a good player could have punished me after turn 2 by picking off my soldier instead of moving the Heavy forward (which is what my opponent did instead). Essentially if it weren't for his/her turn 3 mistake allowing me to save my soldier I feel like I should have lost that game. This is why I'd like to know a better response to my opponent's turn 1 so I'm not put into such a bad position for turn 3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need advice? - Post your replay! - Harti - 07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - Szei - 07-08-2012 07:51 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay! - 123 - 07-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Long nine v scrambler - Ralphabetsoup - 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Long nine v scrambler - EkoFox - 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM