Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
11-04-2012, 06:52 AM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yg6_oAQw
I've had serious problems with Long Nine, so on this game, i tried placing a boosted runner on top wit spot on turn 1, and just go for double medics. Would this strategy be feasible in other matches?

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YhZvaAQw
Kinda long match on Peekaboo, with a lot of turtling and Bombshell vs Scrambler after i almost got screwed over in the beginning. I won, but now i'm in a different match against another guy, and basically the exact opposite happens, I'm Adorables, it's Mobi vs Bombshell, and i've no idea what i'm doing! Could use some help.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YlKjjAQw
Probably my most retarded match yet. I find myself defending on SFI, while having my opponent's spawn occupied. I kinda lost on a 1 wit difference.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 07:05 AM
(11-03-2012 12:35 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpOHYAQw
Just beat a Master! Pushing for promotion. Let me know what I can do better! Thanks

Turn 16: you could have put your scout in the way of his heavy.
Although, having your medic there benefitted the final rush to win.

Turn 18: I personally would've killed the heavy on the wit space.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-04-2012, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 07:21 AM by GoHeat 3.)
*bump for forum bug
(11-04-2012 07:05 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  
(11-03-2012 12:35 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YpOHYAQw
Just beat a Master! Pushing for promotion. Let me know what I can do better! Thanks

Turn 16: you could have put your scout in the way of his heavy.
Although, having your medic there benefitted the final rush to win.

Turn 18: I personally would've killed the heavy on the wit space.
Turn 16: I had to put the Medic there as well as the scout to protect my Sniper.
Turn 18: I don't know what I was thinking by not killing the heavy!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
11-06-2012, 10:38 AM
So, this is one of my better plays. But when I look at the higher leagues it is obvious I miss a lot.

Scallywags (me) vs Feedback

Could someone please give me some pointers on what I should improve first-most? Thanks in advance.
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
(11-06-2012 10:38 AM)DaVici Wrote:  So, this is one of my better plays. But when I look at the higher leagues it is obvious I miss a lot.

Could someone please give me some pointers on what I should improve first-most? Thanks in advance.

Turn 16 instead of moving medic you could have killed his runner. But to be honest this main aspect of this game was that your opponent bad. It seemed like he was trying to use his solider to scout which is just a really bad idea.
11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
(11-06-2012 10:38 AM)DaVici Wrote:  So, this is one of my better plays. But when I look at the higher leagues it is obvious I miss a lot.

The biggest flaws I saw were the times when you left your opponents soldiers right in front of you when you could have killed them. Instead you spent wits moving, spawning, and boosting units, which allowed your opponent to bring in reinforcements. Other than that, you played pretty solid in my opinion. Your opponent on the other hand, wow...I've never seen anything like that.
11-07-2012, 08:57 AM
One of the most one sided matches I've been in. Felt like I was pretty hopeless when he got his bombshell down. Any advice appreciated Smile
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yiu7rAQw
11-07-2012, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 11:27 PM by aaronINdayton.)
(11-07-2012 08:57 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  One of the most one sided matches I've been in. Felt like I was pretty hopeless when he got his bombshell down. Any advice appreciated Smile
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yiu7rAQw

You moved a lot of units around for seemingly no purpose in the beginning, wasting wits. Then you saw him turtling up, could have guessed when and where his bombshell was setup, and still moved units into it and that's when the wit gap became too large for you to have a chance.

When you're P2 against scallywags on a small map, always assume they've got their BS setup asap and avoid moving into it's range until you've got a plan to kill it. You'll be able to tell where it is by their solider placement.
11-08-2012, 03:37 AM
How many win streaks are needed to go up a league from clever?? I win 7 games and nada, had two 5 game streaks before that..
11-08-2012, 03:45 AM
(11-08-2012 03:37 AM)HollowKisame Wrote:  How many win streaks are needed to go up a league from clever?? I win 7 games and nada, had two 5 game streaks before that..

As far as I know, there is no set number of win streaks. From what I read here, win/loss ratio counts.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.