Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
10-23-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
(10-23-2014 02:18 PM)TonytheX Wrote:  New to Outfitters. Any tips on what can be done differently on this game, especially toward the end? Thanks for any advice!! =)

http://outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91...CAhdLJ8gkM

I'm not the best here by far, but I have a few things.

-turn 7 units were too far forward and therefore vulnerable
-turn 15 I would have moved the bombshell to a better defensive position (on your base), especially before spawning and shelling another bombshell at the bottom
-on turn 23, your opponent has a mobi but barely any units. This is prime time to push your bombshells forward; I would have attacked the sniper from the top hex and capitalized on my opponent's lack of vision to move the other bombshell to the uppermost hex on the map (in case you didn't know, this is a trick hex from which a sniper or bombshell is guaranteed a direct base hit over the gap).
-turn 25. Sometimes it's more beneficial to kill units rather than hit the base, and you definitely have to be careful with a base below 3 and an enemy mobi.
-In general, with proper vision on a single-spawn map you should for the most part know every unit your opponent has, as they can only spawn one per turn

I represent all leagues. Except Diamond League.
Super-Titan w/AlliDooisRush (#19)
Master League 1v1 (#141), 2v2 random (#44), w/Chemoeum (#33), w/SanDiego2 (#112)
gifted w/FrozenNorthernKid (IA)
clever w/jaksd, w/LegacyofEight
fluffy w/jbadams01 (ded)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2014, 04:53 PM
In general, on a single spawn map, you should be able to know your opponent's wit and unit count which should allow you to decide your moves.

Attacking and killing the heavy turn 7 would have been a winning move.

Late game, you dont need the two bombshells, because you are playing a low unit game. Your opponent got 3 dmg on your base and he is playing adorables, so he can snipe your base at will. Better choice is to either attack immediately after he attacked your base so he cant recover, or you can build up a lot of soldiers so he cant do anything. Soldier wall ftw

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-23-2014, 11:31 PM
Thanks so much for your input!! Hope to improve with more practice =)
10-24-2014, 12:39 AM
(10-23-2014 11:31 PM)TonytheX Wrote:  Thanks so much for your input!! Hope to improve with more practice =)

Thats the spirit!Smile

1v1: Gifted
2v2: Clever
2v2 with Po0r Yorick: Master League
2v2 with cosh2000, Willey34, Godfreykfho:Fluffy
Gamecenter:Apple 9763
[Image: sig.png]