Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Need advice? - Post your replay!
11-30-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: Need advice? - Post your replay!
I need help, but I can't post pics. The game I'm playing right now is fvf on glitch, any general tips?

“Science fiction deals with improbable possibilities, fantasy with plausible impossibilities.”
-Miriam Allen de Ford
GCID: General Fracus
Highest Rank: Master League, Sir Carl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2013, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 12:48 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
FvF on glitch is always incredibly stressful. The idea is to bait the other scrambler into yours. It's really a bunch of mind games.

Here's a replay to watch:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkPqYuQoM

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Thanks doodat, I think what I learned is to A. Make a scrambler early (already done), B. eliminate runners, forcing opponent to either lose vision or go down in units, and C. Don't commit fully to attacks, try to spend more points on units and less on moving, especially if you're behind.

“Science fiction deals with improbable possibilities, fantasy with plausible impossibilities.”
-Miriam Allen de Ford
GCID: General Fracus
Highest Rank: Master League, Sir Carl
11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
(11-30-2013 12:46 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  FvF on glitch is always incredibly stressful. The idea is to bait the other scrambler into yours. It's really a bunch of mind games.

Here's a replay to watch:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkPqYuQoM

I remember watching this game a while ago - I never understood what the sniper didn't take a shot on turn 27 ?

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
12-01-2013, 03:33 AM
Not sure. Didn't make a difference in the end.
It could be that he was trying to bait me into killing it by giving me vision of it. I chose not to kill it because I would have lost too many units in the process.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
12-01-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 01:15 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
I didn't mess up- was just wondering that when my opponent spawned the mobi, was there any way (other than not boosting the mobi) that could have saved him/her? Any turn 10 that could have saved the base/game?
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAmLPvlAoM

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
12-01-2013, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 02:02 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
If he didn't attack the sniper on turn 8, he would've had a wit to buff the soldier at turn 12 (if it didn't use it of course)

Then maybe you would snipe the runner, retreat and spawn a new buffed soldier. That would let him runner+mobi snipe kill your heavy and he will start trying to attack from the back door.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
12-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I know, talking about turn 10. His turn 8 was obviously a mistake.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
12-01-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 07:42 PM by PhilAvery.)
He could have made the game last longer if he used runner and sniper to kill the first soldier (like he did), but then kill 1hp runner with runner on the right, and used mobi and heavy to hurt another soldier. On your turn he would loose everything except mobi and medic. A new runner next turn could kill the hurt soldier, but same result in the end, just a little longer, as you wouldn't have the units to finish the game, but would still have a MASSIVE advantage.

I cann't see how he could have actually done anything effective from there. With 1 more wit he could have killed 2 soldiers, but there's no free wit....

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
12-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I think on turn 10 after he had killed the soldier with the sniper and runner as he did he could have made a nice wall with the mobi and heavy by moving the mobi 2 spaces down and tele in the heavy - would have stopped the push I think

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill