Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any tips for using scramblers effectively?
02-27-2013, 04:40 AM
RE: Any tips for using scramblers effectively?
Thanks zer0 (thanks everyone, of course Smile ).
That advice was very helpful and the replay quite nice.
The piece of advice that struck me personally as new was the benefit of scramblers in low-unit count situations. (Whereas this is much less true for mobi and bomber.)

I hadn't really thought of that. But it jives with my experience (and helps make more sense of some of my victories). It actually suggests that regular, wit/unit neutral exchanges favor a Feedback player in general. This makes sense in the strategic context of turtling, but I hadn't thought about it from the tactical perspective.

Neat. Smile

Ja Karta: Master League Long Shadow division
w/Niloc 1308 & Buzz Killingtun: Master League Hidden Owl & Proud Turtle divisions
Happy to accept friendlies! (Could use the practice. ; )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks all! Very helpful tips Smile
02-28-2013, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013 08:43 AM by laYahooz.)
I usually play just very aggressively, especially one one spawn maps.

Here's a game in which I happen to get into a turtling scenario, which I try to avoid. When this happens, you have to get creative!

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwdL7Agw
Also if you look at my OSN profile, there is another game in which I did the exact same thing Tongue

And here's my 1 tip:
Playing against feedback always have scouts!!! Playing as feedback, always have more scouts than your opponent!!!!!!! You really want map control. Feedback doesn't rely as much on pure unit count if a scrambler is out, they rely on positioning and planning.
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
This isn't completely related to this thread but I just scrambled my first Mobi. There aren't many moments as fun as toting a Scrambler out of enemy ranks with a Mobi, just to do it again and again. Scramblers are great for keeping you in a match even when the other team has you outnumbered. It can almost make them docile to keep you from getting their units.

If you are gonna be dumb...you had better be tough.

GC: jimbo2shady
~Gifted League~ Standing Eyes Div.
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]
03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
My problem is not only how to use the scramblers effectively but how to counter the scramblers effectively. I have read once that recommends to retreat all units in the scrambler range and prepare 2 buffed runners. However, preparing 2 buffed runners in one-spawned maps is a waste. Any tips for how to counter the scrambler effectively?

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
03-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Use a Mobi is the easiest. If you can't kill the Scrambler, stay 4 hexes away from it so you can't lose and units to it. I usually try to kill it right away. People usually put units in front of the Scrambler so you can't see it and it can jump out and scramble a unit on the next turn. If you see it, you should get rid of it fast. That's what i do. Plus, that player would've wasted 8-10 wits on spawning it, buffing it, and/or moving it.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Oops I was a bit late to this thread:

Pro Scrambler tip - Scramblers are often seen as having to be deceptive and behind a line of soldiers, or as the theme behind an early aggresive tactic. In order to make the most of a scrambler you don't have to completely safeguard it as long as you can predict your opponent can't kill it under any circumstance, out in the open positioning one so that your opponent has to shift their formation (especially heavies) or make it easier to defend or delay a turn for your soldiers to get in a certain position. On 2 spawn maps a tactic can be to save wits until your opponent dedicates themself to attacking one side of the map. And you don't always have to spawn one, on smaller maps or maps with gaps (glitch, thorn gulley, Peekaboo for some examples) Spawning a sniper instead and hiding it like a scrambler can also be an interesting tactic; it gives you a safer option that can be harder to anticipate if our opponent predicts a scrambler, and an attack to kill a scrambler can be much less profitable.

Against Scrambler: Learn how to spot signs of a feedback player playing passively or rushing a scrambler; the earliest a scrambler can be made and rushed is the 3rd turn, so if your opponent has a lack of units you can tell from that. Also an obvious thing that has been exagerrated in a few games recently is that if you suspect/know your opponent has a scrambler 3hp soldiers are an ideal counter. Chances are that they won't have enough wits to invest in a sniper either so you would just have to keep an eye on their heavy. I've played quite a few games against alanthefast who is really fun to play against (he rarely buffs his soldiers) and I only spawn scramblers against him in rare situations, I usually spawn a lot of snipers in our games instead.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
04-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Necrocat219, thanks
07-07-2013, 11:28 PM
(02-26-2013 07:53 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  
(02-26-2013 01:21 PM)Coolio Wrote:  Avoid scrambler chains! Big Grin

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y99L5Agw
This game is pure awesome!

Agreed! Just good clean fun. Scramble on!

Eat lunches or be lunches.

[Image: 2hhzk9h.jpg]