Poll: Undo button during your turn?
Yay
Nay
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNDO button during our turn? Feature request.
09-06-2013, 12:20 AM
RE: UNDO button during our turn? Feature request.
I got a solution to your quarrels. It's a major step though.

Have a planning phase. Here all dudes pro or con can undo all they want.
Then u a confirm button and execution.

If a unit happens to be where we move, u can "else" this in many ways.
EX. Have a redo on the following moves!

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 01:55 AM
(09-06-2013 12:20 AM)Supergekonus Wrote:  I got a solution to your quarrels. It's a major step though.

Have a planning phase. Here all dudes pro or con can undo all they want.
Then u a confirm button and execution.

If a unit happens to be where we move, u can "else" this in many ways.
EX. Have a redo on the following moves!

Cheers

I don't see how this solves this. Many top players do this anyhow whether it be in their head or on a sheet of paper. Doing it on the screen doesn't really help much because the FOW won't be changed. Outwitters is largely a reactionary game, and screw-ups happen. With that being said, a minor addition with an undo button ONLY for the move that you just did and ONLY if it didn't reveal anything. Another cool addition would be a confirmation box when you click Done if you haven't made single move that turn. Of course, these have all been suggested.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-06-2013, 02:42 AM
"Undo" is not a good idea (or let's say not doable) in normal league games, but could be helpful in friend game or pass'n play for practicing purpose, just simply a regret button which will effect when the opponent hit "agree" after seeing what he has done before regretting. It would be even nicer if it's possible to undo several rounds so people don't need to recreate same games only to test one strategy on one particular step.
But anyway, at this stage seems no update would be done soon. Just personally I would suggest let's focus on ideas to make this game more popular and profitable (at least alive), so the studio might be motivated to try any changes in the future.
09-06-2013, 02:46 AM
(09-06-2013 02:42 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  "Undo" is not a good idea (or let's say not doable) in normal league games, but could be helpful in friend game or pass'n play for practicing purpose, just simply a regret button which will effect when the opponent hit "agree" after seeing what he has done before regretting. It would be even nicer if it's possible to undo several rounds so people don't need to recreate same games only to test one strategy on one particular step.
But anyway, at this stage seems no update would be done soon. Just personally I would suggest let's focus on ideas to make this game more popular and profitable (at least alive), so the studio might be motivated to try any changes in the future.

Agreed, and we have to wait for ttl2 to be released and be succesful to expect a comeback in outwitters updates, or eve new teams or maybe the start of an outwitters 2. But for now, no gamre change will be operated, because alex and adam have surely other things to do Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
09-09-2013, 06:43 AM
I think there should definitely be a confirm dialog for retracting thorns or uprooting brambles. Once I was playing on an iPhone and i tapped my bramble. It didn't respond, so I tapped again. My bramble got uprooted and I lost the game.
09-09-2013, 06:46 AM
(09-09-2013 06:43 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I think there should definitely be a confirm dialog for retracting thorns or uprooting brambles. Once I was playing on an iPhone and i tapped my bramble. It didn't respond, so I tapped again. My bramble got uprooted and I lost the game.

I agree with this completely!

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
09-09-2013, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 06:47 AM by (Rone).)
(09-09-2013 06:43 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I think there should definitely be a confirm dialog for retracting thorns or uprooting brambles. Once I was playing on an iPhone and i tapped my bramble. It didn't respond, so I tapped again. My bramble got uprooted and I lost the game.

Don't forget about BSes. Countless times has this happened to me with a BS.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
09-09-2013, 06:54 AM
well with bs it is not a huge deal. in the late stage of the game if u uproot a bramble u lose ALL ur thorns and will almost definitely lose. losing one shot from a bs or 2 wits is not a huge deal. but yes, for bses too, just to make sure.
09-09-2013, 07:46 AM
In higher levels of play, those two wits cost so much.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
09-10-2013, 05:02 AM
(09-06-2013 02:46 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 02:42 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  "Undo" is not a good idea (or let's say not doable) in normal league games, but could be helpful in friend game or pass'n play for practicing purpose, just simply a regret button which will effect when the opponent hit "agree" after seeing what he has done before regretting. It would be even nicer if it's possible to undo several rounds so people don't need to recreate same games only to test one strategy on one particular step.

Agreed, and we have to wait for ttl2 to be released and be succesful to expect a comeback in outwitters updates, or eve new teams or maybe the start of an outwitters 2. But for now, no gamre change will be operated, because alex and adam have surely other things to do Smile

Everybody buy TTL2

Game center ID: FurrySox

Gifted League 1v1
Master League 2v2 w/ Syvan

Feel free to invite me to a friendly 2v2 vs me and Syvan, or me as your ally!