Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Tourney Moderator - Challonge support
02-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Online Tourney Moderator - Challonge support
Well, after countless annoying hours of programming and discussing with the challonge company support, I finally have access to use challonge on my tourney moderator(see the other post if you don't know what the tourney moderator is). Now a person can make a tournament on the moderator, and it will automatically generate a tournament bracket on challonge and when people submit replays it will automatically update the tournament. Progress is moving along well and it should be available to the testers in a matter of weeks and to the public in a little bit more time. If there are any other feature requests for the moderator please let me know in the replys.

WOLFPACK!!
¡Master League! "Taking the kids to school"

$TILL - OUTWITTERS TOURNEY MODERATOR (beta)
[Image: flamingtext_22866688630370305.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: Online Tourney Moderator - Challonge support
awesome!

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-19-2013, 04:36 AM
(02-17-2013 10:19 AM)$till Wrote:  (see the other post if you don't know what the tourney moderator is)

Maybe you could link to this post?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-19-2013, 06:37 AM
OR I could merge this thread with the other one, so you don't have to link anything.

02-19-2013, 10:35 AM
You could do that. Mind telling me what is "the other one" though? =P

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-19-2013, 10:37 AM
(02-19-2013 10:35 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  You could do that. Mind telling me what is "the other one" though? =P

Online Tourney Moderator thread #1

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-19-2013, 10:58 AM
Here is the description of the tourney moderator
Quote:Hey so after being inspired by all of the programmers around me, I have decided that I should do something for this community.

I have decided that (with your permission) I should build a online tourney moderator. What it will do is that whenever someone wants to make a tournament, they just set it up with the website. This will add their tourney to the list of tournaments out there. Then whenever someone wants to submit a game, all they have to do is submit the replay link to the website and it will figure out info such as the players, their races and league info, who won, amount of turns etc. This info will be added to the list of games connected to this tournament. Then once and a while the tourney moderator just has to drop in and take note of games (and update their tournament on challonge if needed).

This project will probably take a few weeks-months, so don't expect anything immediately, but if you have any suggestions, please reply.

EDIT: If I actually work on this, there is no way it will take a few months. 1-2 weeks at most if I have good resources. However if anybody could help me on these topics:
I am good at background programming and data processing, but I suck with user interfaces. Would anybody be willing to help me with the user interface?
Also, does anybody know any good free web-hosting sites or subdomain sites where I can port my javascript to?

WOLFPACK!!
¡Master League! "Taking the kids to school"

$TILL - OUTWITTERS TOURNEY MODERATOR (beta)
[Image: flamingtext_22866688630370305.gif]