Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Rising Star Tournament - CONCLUDED
03-20-2013, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 02:49 PM by Spidêr.)
RE: Rising Star Tournament - Preparation for Round 2
(03-19-2013 09:26 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Round 1 is over!

Deadline hit and all the games that still went on without anyone contacting me were forfeited.
Round 2 has been set up and is basically good to go, we're only waiting for the Group E Playoffs to end. (The last missing game is relevant!) - Please keep me updated on your progress!

So does that mean don't start yet?
(03-19-2013 09:26 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  Round 1 is over!

Deadline hit and all the games that still went on without anyone contacting me were forfeited.
Round 2 has been set up and is basically good to go, we're only waiting for the Group E Playoffs to end. (The last missing game is relevant!) - Please keep me updated on your progress!

So can we start games against our opponents or should we wait?
Er the forum is glitching out on me. I can only see me quoting Eijo when I reply.. otherwise my post isn't there, which is why I asked the same thing twice Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Don't start any games yet, I just prepared all the matchups already.
There will be a post detailing how everything works once Round 2 starts.
If the playoff game turns out to take a while I guess we'll start without it being completed, but I'd like to wait so everyone is ready.

(03-20-2013 08:53 AM)nesterSprinkles Wrote:  Oh I actually changed my GC name to nesterrSprinkles (used to be N3sterr)

That would be handy so could you change that so there won't be any confusion?
It's changed!

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
03-20-2013, 08:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 09:02 PM by bmike.)
It might also be good / worthwhile to wait for 1.6.2 to hit the store since it reduces bramble health from 3 to 2 and its not clear how games started would change when that change hits. Thanks for the links to the spreadsheet and the edit putting back the brackets.
03-21-2013, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 04:48 AM by Piko.)
Agree with bmike. Can You delay the deadline for a few days, if the 1.6.2 won't hit the store before it? In other case almost all 2nd round matches would be VvsV, lol.
03-24-2013, 09:00 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Yn5aPAww

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-25-2013, 07:59 AM
I'll do the final preparations tomorrow. The Round will start once the 1.6.2 patch goes live.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
03-27-2013, 03:15 AM
So... It started?
03-27-2013, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 03:50 AM by Eijolend.)
RE: Rising Star Tournament - ROUND 2 STARTED
Round 2 begins!
Congratulations to all who made it this far.

Steps to follow:
  • If you made it to Round 2 you find your name in this spreadsheet: >>>click<<<
  • Find the row with your name on it.
  • In that row start the games on the maps indicated. A "-" means that your opponent will start that game.
  • If you can't start a game on a specific map, contact your opponent. They will start this game as P1 on that map instead. If your opponent doesn't have that map either, just start the game on a map of your liking.

Deadline for Round 2 is: April 24th 11:00 GMT

This Round will not use challonge anymore, since it doesn't handle P1 and P2 distribution the way I want.
The maps were selected randomly and are different for each group, but all players from the same group will play on the same maps.
This round will not feature any of the 2nd generation maps, but the final round might use some of them.

Rules updates and clarifications:
Time to start the games will be fixed at 7 days, instead of the countdown thingy I did in the first round.

I will count matches with swapped P1 and P2, even if there's no particular reason to do so, if both players agree. If you start or accept a match with swapped turn order and use it for more than establishing communication (i.e. take more than 2 of your turns) this will be counted as an agreement to using this game for the tournament. If you start a game with the correct turn order after establishing communication and you want to continue playing the "wrong" game as a friendly game, the game with the correct starting player will always be the one that is counted.

03-27-2013, 06:41 AM
I am against uvafan173... isnt he a super titan? I guess he wasn't a titan when this tournament started?
03-27-2013, 06:47 AM
He got promoted.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…