Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament [Winner: Yummy Noodles]
07-22-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: The Tilt to Live Allstar Tournament [Winner: Yummy Noodles]
I wasn't able to play at all today Sad I had prior arrangements, and it looks like any hopes of winning are lost. Good job to Yummy Noodles, and Retrotoaster you guys did amazing.

Kamikaze28, What do the percentages next to the scores mean?

"Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 07:46 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-22-2013 03:52 AM)retrotoaster Wrote:  oh my god my viva la turret score didnt go through AGAIN. 13,453,021. ahhhhh. that is annoying.
(07-22-2013 03:59 AM)Gf!sh Wrote:  Don't use GameCenter next time. It bugs too much, really (as I and retrotoaster found out the hard way Sad). Instead, let competitors cast a screenshot of the game-over screen, and upload them via PM/post in thread.
Yes, that is definitely a lesson learned. To be fair, before this tournament, I personally never had any problems with scores showing up on Game Center - but then again, before the tournament, I didn't actually care if they went up there or not.
The reasons I stuck to my guns are as follows:
  • Taking a screenshot, uploading it and bringing it to my attention as well as my part in parsing those screenshots is a good chunk more work than Game Center where I could scroll through and copy/paste scores into my Text Editor (which is far less error-prone than typing scores manually).
  • Not only that, but people would also (most likely) post in the thread of the tournament (which I find rather disturbing to the flow of text) and send PMs. Gathering them from multiple sources would be quite taxing on my nerves. Doing this right requires discipline from everyone involved. Game Center on the other hand cannot be messed up (by the player).

I do however sympathize with all those who didn't get scores through Game Center and I find this as dissatisfying as you do. Fortunately, iOS 7 promises to redo the entire scoring and submitting part which I hope remedies this situation.
In the meantime, however, I would be inclined to compromise on this: screenshots can be submitted if Game Center failed to get the score. I would recommend taking screenshots in the last week of the tournament, especially. I do not yet have an idea of how to get the screenshots to me - upload to whatever and PM is quite complicated. What I need is something like a Dropbox folder that people can throw stuff in (yeah, that sounds like a good idea Big Grin) and I can go through and throw stuff out to not drown in a heap of screenshots after a couple of days. Does anyone know a web service that would allow this?

(07-22-2013 03:52 AM)retrotoaster Wrote:  still that was an excellent tournament, beat my high scores in all but classic because of it, and coming up to 18:00 was very tense
anyway in terms of what you could have improved.. not much. was all round pretty awesome, especially the percentages of Personal Bests at the end, nice touch. same again in a month then? or maybe wait for TtL2 Tongue
(07-22-2013 04:19 AM)the duck Wrote:  Well that tournament was fun, do you think we should made another one when T2L is out ? I know I want.

I have absolutely no idea whether TtL 2 would allow such a Tournament to work or what disciplines would be available on launch. If it starts out like TtL did (with only Classic), it would be rather boring to call it an Allstar Tournament if it just revolves around 'who can get the highest score in 4 weeks?'. If TtL2 has a Beta and if I get in and if it supports this kind of Tournament and if Adam and Alex permit it, I would announce a launch-Tournament for TtL2 ahead of its release. For now, let me rest and enjoy not having to update Leaderboards for a while but as far as your feedback goes, I'd be willing to do this Tournament again. How did you like the time frame? Is 4 weeks okay or too long or too short?

(07-22-2013 06:28 AM)Leaf_It Wrote:  Kamikaze28, What do the percentages next to the scores mean?
They are the ratio of Tournament Score to Personal Best score as described in the last Leaderboard Update. 100% means that a player scored his personal best and 33% means his personal best is 3 times as big as his tournament score, etc.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Yeah I see the problem with screenshots. Ive realised my last VLT score might just not have gone through in time for you to see it before you checked the final scores, it was very last minute. Its gone through now, although my previous one still never did.
07-24-2013, 10:50 PM
HD tournament plz

07-25-2013, 06:46 AM
(07-24-2013 10:50 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  HD tournament plz

I can't look up scores for games I don't have and since I only have an iPhone 4S, the SD versions are the only ones I can check. But someone with an iPad can of course host a tournament with the same rules and scoring.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user