Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Uber Pack Championship [Supreme Champion-Mag!cguy]
02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Uber Pack Championship [FULL-BEGIN RD1]
(02-17-2013 11:12 AM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 04:18 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 04:03 AM)izzilla Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 03:57 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Its fine I only made one move. My gc name is connor3491, you spelled it wrong in the bracket.
(02-17-2013 03:53 AM)izzilla Wrote:  You can chose any pack you wish once all 4 have been used. So in your scenario above you could use A in the 5th round.

Sorry Connor. Can you please explain to your opponent and start new match according to reseed please?

Does your opponent have to use the pack you chose for a given map? For instance if I choose veggies on TG, my opponent also must be veggies right?

Opponent (P2) is only restricted by use each pack once. So if P1 chose TG P2 could use any pack that they have not played once already.

Hm that almost seems like an advantage for P2..

especially since if I choose a map like TG i HAVE to use veggies. My opponent can use adorables, which is a good race for that map. Unless I can use whatever race I want??

It would make more sense to have it so that you can use any pack on any map, but can only use each pack once.

That's part of the strategy of the tournament. If you think that using veggienauts on TG is a bad idea, than dont do that. Or, check and see what teams your opponent has used already and is therefore restricted to the others, and pick a map that team is bad on. It's only an advantage for P2 if you put yourself in a bad situation. Plan ahead.

But you have to use veggies on TG. Unless I'm misunderstanding...??

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
No you're right connor, amofett didn't understand Wink and I agree with you, P2 are really advantaged, they must be constrained to have the same team pck as their opponent.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-18-2013, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 12:28 AM by Qlearn.)
As the opponent of connor3491, my son could not see connor3491's comment or see his map choice before my son joined. My son chose Adorables.

So if there is a way, as P2, to see the map before you accept the invitation, I don't see the advantage for P2 knowing the map before making his pack choice.

According to izzilla reply, it is fine for him to chose any race. He will continue with the game until told other wise.

Thanks.
02-18-2013, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 12:30 AM by amoffett11.)
(02-17-2013 06:41 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  No you're right connor, amofett didn't understand Wink and I agree with you, P2 are really advantaged, they must be constrained to have the same team pck as their opponent.

No, I'm not misunderstanding. If you don't want play against veggies against Adorables on TG, wait until you're P2 to play veggies, or wait until your opponent has already used Adorables before challenging him to Reaper or TG. As the tournament progresses, P1 can force P2 into bad situations based on the teams he has remaining, so no, P2 is not advantaged. P1 is only disadvantaged if he puts himself in a bad situation, so like I said, plan ahead.
Also, what happens if P1 has F and A left, and P2 has S and V left, they couldn't possibly both play as the same team.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
02-18-2013, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 01:21 AM by izzilla.)
(02-18-2013 12:29 AM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-17-2013 06:41 PM)W1cked21 Wrote:  No you're right connor, amofett didn't understand Wink and I agree with you, P2 are really advantaged, they must be constrained to have the same team pck as their opponent.

No, I'm not misunderstanding. If you don't want play against veggies against Adorables on TG, wait until you're P2 to play veggies, or wait until your opponent has already used Adorables before challenging him to Reaper or TG. As the tournament progresses, P1 can force P2 into bad situations based on the teams he has remaining, so no, P2 is not advantaged. P1 is only disadvantaged if he puts himself in a bad situation, so like I said, plan ahead.
Also, what happens if P1 has F and A left, and P2 has S and V left, they couldn't possibly both play as the same team.

This is correct. I do not believe P2 has much of an advantage. P1 map selection is part of the strategy. And a situation could arise where P1 could chose a map/pack that P2 has already used forcing a forfeit. I will have spreadsheet listing player and pack used posted. So P2 only restriction is to use all 4 packs once before repeating any one pack. And if you feel very disadvantaged and cant continue with these set of rules then let me know and I will get a replacement. Thanks.

Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
02-18-2013, 01:42 AM
Oh, ok Smile so we can start?

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

02-18-2013, 02:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 02:14 AM by connor34911.)
(02-18-2013 12:27 AM)Qlearn Wrote:  As the opponent of connor3491, my son could not see connor3491's comment or see his map choice before my son joined. My son chose Adorables.

So if there is a way, as P2, to see the map before you accept the invitation, I don't see the advantage for P2 knowing the map before making his pack choice.

According to izzilla reply, it is fine for him to chose any race. He will continue with the game until told other wise.

Thanks.

I'm not against my original opponent anyways. The bracket was reset. I do believe you can see the map and not the comment. Can anyone confirm this?
(02-18-2013 01:18 AM)izzilla Wrote:  

This is correct. I do not believe P2 has much of an advantage. P1 map selection is part of the strategy. And a situation could arise where P1 could chose a map/pack that P2 has already used forcing a forfeit. I will have spreadsheet listing player and pack used posted. So P2 only restriction is to use all 4 packs once before repeating any one pack. And if you feel very disadvantaged and cant continue with these set of rules then let me know and I will get a replacement. Thanks.

I dot really care I was just confused about the rules.

1v1 Super-Titan

02-18-2013, 02:48 AM
(02-18-2013 02:12 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  
(02-18-2013 12:27 AM)Qlearn Wrote:  As the opponent of connor3491, my son could not see connor3491's comment or see his map choice before my son joined. My son chose Adorables.

Thanks.

I'm not against my original opponent anyways. The bracket was reset. I do believe you can see the map and not the comment. Can anyone confirm this?
(02-18-2013 01:18 AM)izzilla Wrote:  

I dot really care I was just confused about the rules.

My apologies for not being clear with the rules. Running my first tourney. Smile
And please begin matches. Bracket was corrected to adjust for Gavin Wins top 200 ranking.

Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
02-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Yup, started. Can you fix my gc name in the brackets?

1v1 Super-Titan

02-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Ok, started Smile

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)