02-15-2013, 06:41 AM
RE: The Great Outwitters Fandom Census!
Thanks Gfich!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 07:17 AM by connor34911.)
(02-15-2013 05:18 AM)TheGreatAnt Wrote:  As a side not for the question on the 2v2 maps. I think they are all pretty good. Beach Blitz is the only iffy one, but it isn't bad. I would just like to see more variety of maps.

Also a note on the FTA in 2v2. Yes it exists, but in the games I have played, it isn't too much of a problem if played right. Yes, they will probably get a hit on base, but in the same instance, it thins the defenses in the back, and so if you are able to defend, a counter attack is usually pretty strong. It is really hard for the FTA to win the game, just hinder enough to be able to sweep in on the second round to finish off. I have thought about the 8 wit advantage for later players, but that would really just throw everything completely off because there is four players, and on teams. It would be completely different if it was a 4-player free-for-all.

I think CCM and machination are too similar. Don't love either of them. I would like to see two more 2v2 maps so that there is more variety in 2v2.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-15-2013, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 10:12 AM by GreatGonzales.)
Well, 35 people have taken the survey now, thanks for the great response everyone.

Unfortunately, I have discovered that surveymonkey is HORRIBLE unless you upgrade, i.e. give them money, which I am not going to do. I was hoping to be able to export the data into excel and do some analysis there, but I am unable to do this without upgrading my account. I am not even able to apply more than 1 (one!) filter to the results page. Long story short: I should have used google docs. Next time.

So, in lieu of detailed reporting on survey results, I will share access to my surveymonkey account. To view the survey results for yourself, simply follow this link, and use the following login information:

Username: GreatGonzales
Password: Outwitters

Then you'll be brought to the survey page. Simply click on the "Analyze Results" tab to view the survey results.

It's not the worst, at least there are some nice looking graphs. But I was hoping to be able to do more automatic cross-tabulation of data. Anyway, you can apply probably the most interesting filter available, which is to isolate 1v1 STs, of which there are currently 12. But if you want a different filter, you have to actually delete that filter and create a new one. Stupid, amirite?

Thanks again to all who have participated so far! This will be better next time. Smile

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Only 19 or younger ST so far.Cool
Tongue

Super-Titan

02-15-2013, 10:37 AM
(02-15-2013 10:19 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Only 19 or younger ST so far.Cool
Tongue

Not anymore! Tongue

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
(02-15-2013 10:37 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(02-15-2013 10:19 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Only 19 or younger ST so far.Cool
Tongue

Not anymore! Tongue

Darn!

Super-Titan

02-15-2013, 10:49 AM
On the other hand, I'm the only player that thinks Feedback is best... Shy

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Nice survey! Just filled it out - looking forward to seeing the results once more people take it.

Game Center ID: The Red Donkey
Gifted League
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2013 01:11 PM by CombatEX.)
Thanks for making this poll GG! It was quite interesting. Hopefully we can use googledocs next time so we can compare some stats in scatterplots.

Anyway, the fact that balance and map improvements was voted the highest made me smile. The fact that new team(s) was the second highest wiped that smile right off my face. In my eyes that's the least favorable addition to the game possible at this moment. It is the exact opposite of balancing the game at any rate. I do love the idea of new teams, but I'd rather them be limited to friendlies and just focus on the 4 teams we currently have for competitive purposes. In time we can add the fifth team in for league, but I hope not to see that happen for a long time.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]