Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What iOS Games are you Playing?
02-09-2013, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 10:41 AM by CombatEX.)
What iOS Games are you Playing?
Besides Outwitters, what iOS games have you been playing recently?

There are quite a lot of fun older games, but currently I'm mostly playing Repulze, Autumn Dynasty, and Riven.

Autumn Dynasty is an RTS on iOS that is actually done well. Shocking, I know. It's tailored specifically with iOS in mind and the controls work quite well. Autumn Dynasty reminds me a lot of Outwitters but in RTS form. Simple, but with a lot of depth. There are only 5 unit types, but each unit fills a unique role and has abilities. The terrain also plays a huge part in the game. You can set forests on fire and cause avalanches near mountains. Rivers slow movement down, especially for horses which thrive in open terrain, while forests allow units to hide and grants ambush bonuses for certain units. The AI macros very poorly but has reasonable micro (casts spells, tries to position units well). Unfortunately the poor macro means that in Skirmish mode (huge map where you expand and tech) even the brutal AI is a pushover. You can still find some challenge in campaign or Blitz mode though. But, if anyone gets this game let me know and we can play multiplayer =)

Note: While it is available on iPhone, I've only played the iPad version so I can't recommend the iPhone version from firsthand experience. It's possible the controls would be too cramped.

Repulze is like the Time Trial portion of WipEout (futuristic high-speed racing) so if you aren't into racing against the clock it won't be very interesting for you (you can race ghosts though). They just implemented a massive update for free which almost doubles the number of courses. There is a third update on the way which may add true multiplayer too (also for free).

Riven is a point-and-click adventure/mystery/puzzle game from 1997 which is the sequel to Myst. Both games, especially Myst, were critically acclaimed.

I don't really have time for this kind of game, but Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is free right now so if you like space sims you might want to get it.

So, what games are you playing? I'm especially wondering about "hidden gems" so you can go ahead and tell me about Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja but... Wink

Anyway, I know Repulze was featured for a while and Riven is no secret, but I imagine most people haven't heard of Autumn Dynasty.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 01:28 PM by laYahooz.)
RE: What iOS Games are you Playing?
I think it's called Heroes and Castles.

Heroes and Castles, at its heart, is a tower defense game. However, it allows you to control a hero on the battle field. For the PC gamers here, think Orc Must Die but with knights! That's basically what it is. Baddies are trying to destroy your castle, you build an army. In orcs must die you make traps and an army to stop orcs from getting to the rift but its still similar IMO.

They also just added a siege mode in which you play the bad guys! Also it has online play now in co-op and versus. In addition, a new Mage class was added.

My outwitter friend and I played the versus and it was really fun! I think the good guys are at an advantage though
Also autumn dynasty looks really cool. A little pricey but I will give it a go tomorrow Smile
02-09-2013, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 07:13 AM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Anybody play Puzzle Craft? I got it free and Archer Cat too. I also play
- Run Roo Run
- ScribbleNauts Remix (i like Super ScribbleNauts most)
- Tiny Tower
- Tower Of Fortune
- Kingdom Rush
- Lost Winds 2: Winter of the Melodias
- The game i got my avatar from. Try to guess.
- And five more pages of games on my iPod and all of them i got free except for 7

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-09-2013, 02:20 PM
A very underrated game is Battleheart. It costs 99c, but it is AMAZING. Just like outwitters, it's a fantastic game and really deserves more publicity.

It's has a very novel way of playing. It's a role playing game. It's very hard to describe but check out screenshots of it on the App Store.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
02-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Outwitters. Seriously the only game I play.
Anyways, Asphalt 7:Heat is the best racing game on the App Store.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
(02-09-2013 02:25 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Outwitters. Seriously the only game I play.
Anyways, Asphalt 7:Heat is the best racing game on the App Store.
Me too!

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Ticket to Ride & TTR: Europe, Disc Drivin', Carcassonne, a few word games: Letterpress, Writer Rumble, Upwords. Just to name a few. Outwitters takes up a lot of my gaming time, so I haven't gotten into any new games lately.

Live your life as more than plastic.
02-10-2013, 12:13 AM
^Ticket to ride was free recently and the tutorial was SO CONFUSING. I deleted it. A good word game is ScribbleNauts Remix. If you have a Nintendo DS you should get Super ScribbleNauts. Its much better.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-10-2013, 12:56 AM
TTR is kind of like playing Rummy, draw cards, collect matches, turn them in to claim space on the board and work towards completing your routes. Than again, I've played the real board game too. Scribblenauts is a fun one, good workout for the imagination.

Live your life as more than plastic.
02-10-2013, 02:04 AM
(02-09-2013 02:20 PM)2dhh Wrote:  A very underrated game is Battleheart. It costs 99c, but it is AMAZING. Just like outwitters, it's a fantastic game and really deserves more publicity.

It's has a very novel way of playing. It's a role playing game. It's very hard to describe but check out screenshots of it on the App Store.
I agree! I can definitely recommend this one. Unfortunately there's nothing that keeps you playing after you completed it once or twice, but still it's great value and will keep you busy for some time.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!