Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranking Bonuses by Team
02-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Ranking Bonuses by Team
It's very hard to balance all the teams, but I feel like this is very important. I'm currently in mid-high masters, and basically every game I play against is an Adorables (occasional feedback/scallywag). This idea might sound a bit extreme, but I was thinking--

What if the points you recieved was effected by how often your team has won in your division? So if an Adorables player won, he might recieve 18 points, while if he won the same game using Feedback, he would recieve 21 points, while if he won the same game using Veggies, he would recieve 28 points. It's that extreme, because just check the ST replays on OSN. How many games do you need to look through to find a Veggie replay? And how many pages do you need to look through to find a replay where a Veggie won?

It might seem a bit unfair (some games don't even use specials, but just the ability to use specials is an advantage, i.e. Feedback's forcefield of death), but it seems like a much faster solution that would require less testing. The veggies update, after all, makes some people happier but overall accomplished almost nothing.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
RE: Ranking Bonuses by Team
I think it would be easier to just balance the veggienauts.
And I think the other three races are fairly equal. Adorables might be slightly better than the others, but I think its also the most difficult to use.
02-08-2013, 08:59 AM
RE: Ranking Bonuses by Team
This is a very interesting idea, because even if the veggies get balanced, odds are, there will be another team out of balance. This keeps the playing field a little more square regardless of why one team is being picked.

Bulby37: Idea Man
[Image: sealbanner700.jpg]