Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peekaboo, Sharkfood Island and Foundry map suggestion
02-05-2013, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 02:46 AM by vegaprom.)
Peekaboo, Sharkfood Island and Foundry map suggestion
Is it the time to let these maps go from league games in a few weeks?
I'm the one who don't wanna see any maps go but only new maps coming. I think what should be is map balancing, not map retired.

Sharkfood Island - Add a block next to the top block for each side, the point here is that for Adorables, the sniper(99.99% teleported by Mobi) cannot shoot the base from the too hex, which seems rather unfair and quite unpreventable.

Foundry - Move the far spawn space a bit close to the base, so that the top and bottom corner can be harder to move the units.

Peekaboo - I don't see a point why many people hate it with vengeance. I don't think this map favours Feedback most, not Scallywags. I lost to scrambler rush this map and my heavy is brainwashed often. But I think it's fine to let this map a bit disadvantage to Adorables since Mobi has more advantage on many other maps like Reaper and Thorn Gulley, other teams are supposed to have a bit advantage or else no one would play other teams in the future.

Another suggestion from me- the system should keep track of the maps played in league games and distributes the player to have an equal chance in each map. Once I had many Reaper VS Adorables and I had a hard time. But on the other hand if Adorables had many Peekaboo it may seem unfair. So there should be equal number of advantageous map and disadvantageous map, the league will be more fair,

Finally, THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

Any suggestion would be welcome, I'm not super-Titan or Master, but I love the variety of maps in this game and I believe some people think like me.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: Peekaboo, Sharkfood Island and Foundry map suggestion
It really hard for me to lose game(If I'm serious) on these 3 maps by Feedback. Even when I miss one turn.
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y7dC8Agw
02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
^what does that replay have to do with anything? It's on glitch..
02-06-2013, 09:26 AM
(02-05-2013 11:54 PM)vegaprom Wrote:  Sharkfood Island - Add a block next to the top block for each side, the point here is that for Adorables, the sniper(99.99% teleported by Mobi) cannot shoot the base from the too hex, which seems rather unfair and quite unpreventable.

I suggest simply to remove the top hex, take a look at the fixed SI map.
02-06-2013, 10:36 AM
(02-06-2013 09:26 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 11:54 PM)vegaprom Wrote:  Sharkfood Island - Add a block next to the top block for each side, the point here is that for Adorables, the sniper(99.99% teleported by Mobi) cannot shoot the base from the too hex, which seems rather unfair and quite unpreventable.

You can still shoot around the back to the base... just one hex closer than usual, allowing for some Mobi shenanigans to still use it, wouldn't it be easier just to shield the base? Wink

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-06-2013, 10:42 AM
(02-06-2013 10:36 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  

You can still shoot around the back to the base... just one hex closer than usual, allowing for some Mobi shenanigans to still use it, wouldn't it be easier just to shield the base? Wink
No because then the Sniper would be directly behind the crate!Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-06-2013, 10:50 AM
(02-06-2013 10:42 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:36 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  

No because then the Sniper would be directly behind the crate!Smile

Ah Tongue Herpa derp!

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-06-2013, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 11:10 AM by connor34911.)
SFI has mobi shenanigans but its also a pain to play against scally on that map...the mobi thing really isnt difficult to defend. As long as you only let them knock your base to 2 you should be able to counter.
Edit: Only let them knock your base to two by having a wall of units in front of your base, preferably with a BS, scrambler or mobi behind it.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I dunno. Ever since I picked up feedback I don't rly have much of a problem on SFI

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-07-2013, 02:58 AM
I like all the maps, but SFI does seems uninspiring. The single path up top and such makes it so that there isn't as many options for strategy and often it's just whoever sets up a good push and takes out enough units wins.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16