Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reaper wit spaces
02-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Reaper wit spaces
I think Reaper wit space is quite unfaired.
It's too easy to capture opponent wit space while difficult to return it back.

My opponent (usually Adorables) places the sniper at the opposite side of the pit, any units that step on the wit space are killed and then wit space is taken back by my opp.

For that Scallywags bombshell (not so often), if he places the bombshell opposite side of the hole, there's almost no way to get the wit space back.

Also notice that the wit spaces in Reaper are very far from spawn space, only runner can reach it from the spawn point, which leaves me a lot wit disadvantage. Any solution? It is not so serious for me but I'm annoyed often.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 11:44 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Reaper wit spaces
My opponents on Reaper always seem far more concerned with attacking my base along their wit side instead of attacking my wit space. Do you have any replays you could share showing your problem?

Reaper: vegaprom (S) vs mikenrg13 (A)

Actually I just visited your profile on OSN.

It doesn't seem like he manages to keep your wit space too long and you eventually go on to win the game after retaking it a few times.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
(02-05-2013 11:38 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  My opponents on Reaper always seem far more concerned with attacking my base along their wit side instead of attacking my wit space. Do you have any replays you could share showing your problem?

Reaper: vegaprom (S) vs mikenrg13 (A)

Actually I just visited your profile on OSN.

True, lucky for me he has made his mistake on turn 22 and 52, anyway I would have lost this game already. There's another game (quite long time ago, no replay left), my opponent push and set up a bombshell on my wit space...what can I do?

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 11:49 AM by CombatEX.)
Well, I would really like to see a replay, but you said you don't have it anymore. Here's the thing, it may be hard to deal with a particular position once your opponent gets into it, the question is "how did your opponent get into that position in the first place?" This is why it would be nice to have a replay of the particular problem you are referring too. My guess is that if your opponent tries to set up a bombshell like that, you could either do the same thing to his wit space, have enough to protect your wit space and take out the bombshell, or just attack him somewhere else since he spent so many wits just to threaten your wit space.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-05-2013, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 12:32 PM by connor34911.)
(02-05-2013 11:48 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Well, I would really like to see a replay, but you said you don't have it anymore. Here's the thing, it may be hard to deal with a particular position once your opponent gets into it, the question is "how did your opponent get into that position in the first place?" This is why it would be nice to have a replay of the particular problem you are referring too. My guess is that if your opponent tries to set up a bombshell like that, you could either do the same thing to his wit space, have enough to protect your wit space and take out the bombshell, or just attack him somewhere else since he spent so many wits just to threaten your wit space.

+1

It would take 3 turns for him to move an unshelled bombshell from his spawn onto an unguarded witspace. If he was able to advance onto your witspace like that it was probably just the final nail in the coffin.

Post the replay!

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491