Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know
02-08-2013, 04:12 AM
RE: Outwitters Forum-Everything You Need To Know
I'm the only one who still assosiates AoE with Age of Empires above Area of Effect Big Grin

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Nope. I thought AoE when I saw Age of Empires. Had to think for a few moments when I realized Age of Empires didn't make sense here.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Agreed on not really needing abbreviations for every map (for forum use).

I mean, what? Are they airports or something?

With respect to a standardized replay link description format, I'm inclined to be in favor of such a thing only because I like that sort of thing. However, I don't really see much usefulness in it either. People are still going to do it differently from the standard, and if they do, are there going to be people harping on them to get their format right? (Let's hope not!)

On the other hand, if it means more replay links will have more data, then I see that as a plus.

If we had a standard format, I'd like to see:

1. Map (not abbreviated)
2. Teams - in a strict order to indicate P1 and P2 (and P3 and P4)
3. Players' names
4. Winner(s)
5. Number of turns

Can't think of anything else.

Somewhat hypocritically of me, I actually always list the team I played as first whether I was P1 or P2. Tongue

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
(02-07-2013 09:36 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  LOS & AoE not worthy then Coolio? Wink What?! You don't spend every waking minute on the forum? Shame on you.

@Coolio and Kamikaze28

Do you think this thread and "Tips for new players" should be merged? Don't know how many stickied posts are allowed. Just a thought.

I could've sworn I had added them! Added now. And if you want to know about spending your whole life on the forums just ask TheQwertiest! Big Grin

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
02-08-2013, 01:53 PM
(02-08-2013 01:46 PM)Coolio Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 09:36 PM)phineas94 Wrote:  LOS & AoE not worthy then Coolio? Wink What?! You don't spend every waking minute on the forum? Shame on you.

@Coolio and Kamikaze28

Do you think this thread and "Tips for new players" should be merged? Don't know how many stickied posts are allowed. Just a thought.

I could've sworn I had added them! Added now. And if you want to know about spending your whole life on the forums just ask TheQwertiest! Big Grin

*cough*

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
(02-08-2013 01:53 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(02-08-2013 01:46 PM)Coolio Wrote:  

@Coolio and Kamikaze28

*cough*

Or GoHeat3!! XD

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

03-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Just added the new maps abbreviations because I know everybody lives map abbreviations!

03-26-2013, 11:25 PM
Why isn't this in the Important Threads section? It seems important.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-26-2013, 11:41 PM
(03-26-2013 11:25 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Why isn't this in the Important Threads section? It seems important.
While the thread summarizes pretty much everything (and suggests abbreviations that were used, like... nowhere?), it unfortunately also covers some unneccesary information and (additionally / therefore) isn't really tidy.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
04-15-2013, 03:01 PM
(03-26-2013 11:41 PM)Harti Wrote:  
(03-26-2013 11:25 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  Why isn't this in the Important Threads section? It seems important.
While the thread summarizes pretty much everything (and suggests abbreviations that were used, like... nowhere?), it unfortunately also covers some unneccesary information and (additionally / therefore) isn't really tidy.

Well, I had to go through the trouble of searching for this thread, just so I could look something up. I think it should be in the important threads section, the only reason I found this was because I knew it existed. New users don't have that same knowledge. If it needs to be tidied up, how so?

Live your life as more than plastic.