I calculate a little and make very rough estimates
Psh I skip the replay Tongue
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How much do you calculate?
02-01-2013, 12:41 PM
How much do you calculate?
So I understand that by watching the replay you can find out a lot about how many wits your opponent has and how many guys they have (at least a rough estimate).
I was wondering just how much you guys spend time watching the replay and calculating? I've personally never tried to guess the person's wit count, but as I play against stronger opponents, I'm starting to think I'll have to do that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: How much do you calculate?
When i see the replay, i see what gets killed and what's in the fog of war. The only calculations i do is counting spaces and if im in trouble, i carefully count wits too to kill all the most threatening ones so i don't lose so soon and have a chance to recover or attack. I have a 2v2 replay where my base hp was 1 and my partner's was 2 and the opponent was 2 and 3. He had a bunch of runners prepared to jump at the base but i carefully planned my attack and successfully killed a the enemy units that could attack the base. Then i attacked and won. So you should calculate when in trouble too. But im a fluffy so you could wait for a super titan to post something. I still have the replay if you want to see it though.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I know I probably shouldn't, but usually I get bored after watching like one move of the replay and skip the rest... I assume I'll have to stop doing this if I ever want to advance to master.
02-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Uvafan, I do that a lot too at the start of matches because frankly it bores me lol. I too need to stop if I wanna ever get to masters.

And yeah golden griffin, that's the amount of calculating I do normally, but I'm wondering if theres deeper calculating the really strong players do.
02-01-2013, 01:26 PM
I focus on unit count, I always try and keep track of what's hiding in the fog. A large part of this is to figure if they is a special lurking somewhere. This can mean watching replays back to turn 1 at times. But I also rarely have more than 5 league games going so I can usually keep pretty good track of things

And I always plan my moves in full before doing anything, especially now with the +1 wit on kill the order of movements is very important.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
ah I see ok, thanks thats helpful.
Yeah I kinda just like playing games so I always have twenty going on at once and its not very practical for me to spend so much time on each replay.
I guess I should stop that bad habit xp
02-01-2013, 01:49 PM
It really depends for me. I had a friendly with Harti and I was calculating my butt off, but during most of my League matches I make rough estimates and intuitions.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
I watch the replays and indicate some units in the FOW. The only replays I skip are turn1 replay(for P1) or when I'm sure I cannot see any moves.
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Just wondering, you know how that weird FOW guy shows up on the top right when your opponent moves in fog? With that info, can you tell how many times he's moved?
02-01-2013, 02:49 PM
There were two times when I rly needed to know exactly how much wit my opponent would have so I would know if they could stop my push. I went through all the replays and added up all the unit costs then subtracted it from the total wit they would have next turn. Sucks when you're deep in a game

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.