Poll: Would You Pay for Detailed Statistics?
Definitely Yes
Maybe
Definitely No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pay for Detailed Statistics
02-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Pay for Detailed Statistics
This was mentioned in another thread, but to sort of split it off, here's the very simple suggestion:

Allow us to pay ($2 would be my suggestion, but since this is tailored more toward "serious" players, up to $4.99 would be okay) for statistics so that we can see our own and other people's. Suggestions for stats that could be made available:

1. "Hidden" Ranking/ELO ranking
2. Win-Loss Record (by category)
3. % Played with each team
4. Win-Loss Record by Map
5. Win-Loss Record as First Player vs. Second Player
6. "Sillier" stats like total number of damage points inflicted, total number of mobi transports, total number of wit spaces captured.

This would make the game a lot more fun actually. I think some casual players might enjoy it too as it would allow them to actually track their progress.

It would also be a good money generator for OneManLeft WITHOUT altering the balance between those that pay and those that don't. Yet it would be useful (unlike different styles of bases).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 03:36 AM
RE: Pay for Detailed Statistics
I like it. Would definitely buy.

[Image: PJz1ITK.gif]
02-01-2013, 04:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 04:27 AM by RandyDogz.)
Yup, I think I may have suggested this in the past as well, definitely think it'd be a great revenue source.

Not sure 'hidden' value should be disclosed, could lead to reverse engineering an open up possibility for abuse - but giving a ranking for non-top 200 players would be awesome!

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-01-2013, 04:42 AM
well if it's anything like a zero sum system like elo, and all matches are random (excepting 2v2 with partner), then it'd be pretty hard to game it, really.
02-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Ya, I don't really know what I'm talking about just being paranoid :|

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
02-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Hi Zoraster (replied to your comment on the "The New Point System" thread but it didn't get bumped to the top or show me as last reply)
Not to try and take money away from OML, whom I'd be happy to support, but possibly an in game link from a finished game in outwitters to OSN is possible (- input from older and wiser here please). Players could opt in or out ( If they wished for some anonymity - although not sure what would happen when this player played someone who'd opted in)
02-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Instead of hidden ELO rating, possibly you're current rank out of everyone who's played?

[Image: PJz1ITK.gif]
02-01-2013, 05:42 AM
(02-01-2013 05:24 AM)Dr.LASR Wrote:  Instead of hidden ELO rating, possibly you're current rank out of everyone who's played?

eh. I think that has pretty limited use. It'd be useful at the very top reaches of the game, but we already have Top 200 for that. But when you're #5623, how much better does that really place you than #7235 and how much worse than #3210? It could be a matter of one or two games or it could be way more. It might be more helpful if it put you as a percentile of the active playing population (i.e. population currently playing at least one game). But I don't really see a reason not to provide something like ELO, etc. But better total rank than nothing!
02-01-2013, 06:04 AM
I'm happy to buy more stuff. But I don't want to know all my stats. Some will be bad and that's not encouraging.
02-01-2013, 06:12 AM
This seems like a real good idea Smile
Maybe a stat of how much you've won/lost with each team too, and if it isn't too much work, stats for each season.