02-13-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: More Bombshell Trouble
My sarcasm detector just exploded.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Me too, a bombshell trouble.

It's not hard to kill one with Adorables but it's hard to survive after that Sad

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgcLAAww

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
05-16-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 05:48 PM by TheQwertiest.)
go for the triple mobi, double sniper^ haha

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
05-18-2013, 12:08 PM
(05-16-2013 05:48 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  go for the triple mobi, double sniper^ haha

In one spawn maps spawning many Mobis results in unit disadvantage, isn't that? Although I see some people doing this and it's effective, I feel like it's very wit costly.

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
05-21-2013, 05:17 AM
so how does one defeat multiple bombshells without the help of a Mobi? I've been running into bombshell spammers as Vegginauts a lot lately, and sometimes as Feedback. Usually as Scally or Adorables it's easy to counter because I can just BS spam to counter or mobi sniper the damn things.

any advice guys? In particular I'm playing a game as veggienauts against a BS spammer on Reaper

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
05-21-2013, 05:46 AM
scramble a bombshell and then attack the other bombshells.
Or scramble the defending units and use that to attack the bombshell along with one of your own

Use thorn patches to block Bombshells, they can't shoot over them

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-21-2013, 05:47 AM
^ while moving snipers and soldiers up behind the thorns.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-22-2013, 05:32 AM
I've tried that and the snipers usually just get splashed to death. I must be doing it wrong :/

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
05-22-2013, 05:53 AM
You can't just bring snipers right up to the enemy soldiers with only a barrier of thorn patches in the way.

If there are a bunch of soldiers and maybe a sniper too blocking the Bombshell, you shouldn't bring the sniper to close cuz it could get killed. Snipe the soldiers that get close because they are killing thorn patches.

If there is an opening, kill the sniper or medic with thorn patches because they can get annoying. Try to restrict their movement by growing thorn patches in their way.

If the bombshell is finally vulnerable, move in closer with thorn patches as cover. Try to kill the bombshell in one turn because they might be able to buff it again and destroy your army.

If the bombshell is to defended, go around it.

The sniper behind the thorn patches is there to shoot any unit that comes near or to help soldiers kill from a distance.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
05-22-2013, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2013 06:17 AM by Szei.)
Yea I don't use snipers against Scallywags when I play Veggienauts as the splash is too good and it takes forever to get a sniper back in position if you lose it. A mix of 3 and 4 hp soldiers behind layers of thorns seems to work out better. Reaper is probably one of the worst maps to face Bombshell spam as Veggienauts though since there are so many choke points where it is hard to get good surface area against your enemy if they sit back and turtle. Honestly I think Reaper is one of the maps you would veto as a Veggienaut player if the feature existed. VvA is likely disadvantaged, but VvS is definitely disadvantaged. Not sure about VvF but the other two matchups are pretty bad. On other maps you can get VvS to work in the Veggienaut favor. For example, Glitch is a good map for Veggienauts even against Scallywags (from the games I've played as Veggienauts on that map) as there are many places you can jump thorns over gaps to flank your enemy while keeping your parent thorns relatively safe.

(05-22-2013 05:53 AM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  If the bombshell is to defended, go around it.

In general, this is good advice. Especially with highly mobile teams like the Adorables. You can also do this to a lesser extent with Feedback since Scramblers are fairly mobile and if you're using mostly soldiers they can move around with your soldiers too. As Veggienauts though it doesn't really work to just try to go around a bombshell if you are trying to utilize snipers since snipers are so slow. Against a good Scallywag player, in the time you spend moving your sniper around, your opponent will just set up another bombshell where you are trying to go. This is another reason you should use soldiers over snipers in most cases against a Scallywag player (against Feedback, Adorables, or Veggienauts, feel free to use more snipers though). Of course, on Reaper it is hard to get a good concave and resulting surface area against your opponent which means that snipers would be a great help over soldiers (since you can do more damage with the same surface area by employing ranged units like the sniper). However, as someone pointed out, snipers are extremely susceptible to splash and will likely die against a good turtle before doing any real damage. Hence why Reaper is so tough for Veggienauts and should be vetoed (if only that were possible =P).

Veto System
It occurred to me that some people may not be familiar with what I mean by vetoing maps. For those who don't know, the veto system provides a way to avoid a map in ranked play. In Starcraft you can select 3 maps to avoid (veto) out of the 8 maps in the map pool. In Outwitters this would be like being able to pick 3 or 4 maps to avoid. The point of this feature is that it is impossible to balance all of the maps around every matchup (AvS, AvF, AvV, SvF, SvV, VvF) so players can attempt to self-correct this issue by picking the maps that are least favorable for their team (for example, everyone except Adorables would probably veto Reaper). Not only would the veto system help immediate balance, but also inform the devs on which maps people dislike the most. As with Blizzard and Starcraft, OML would be able to see which maps are vetoed the most and replace them in the next season. Instead of a poll (like we had last time) where only a small fraction of players who venture onto the forums share their opinion, a veto system would ensure that all players directly contribute to the vote.