Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
More Bombshell Trouble
02-03-2013, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 05:22 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: More Bombshell Trouble
You're right Smile Well, I prepared a rush, but when I saw that using my sniper to shot his heavy or his soldier would suicide my sniper and maybe more, I didn't do it. My problem is that, a half of the time, I don't know what to do, where to attack, what to create.. I rarely have strategies following my opponent's way to play. I play well, barely make mistakes, and attack where it's free.. I need training for this but it's something which is more abstrat, dunno if you see what I mean ^^

For example, when you are in front of a wall of soldier and, behind it, two bombshells, what do you plan? (And you don't know what is exactly behind this wall)

A game I've just lost. Who did I have to do when he created his bombshells?? :o

Click

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
You should make a mobi. Mobi is strong on thorn gulley.
02-03-2013, 11:29 AM
(02-03-2013 10:49 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  You should make a mobi. Mobi is strong on thorn gulley.

Garcia coming in hot with good advice, as always. Rolleyes

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-03-2013, 12:04 PM
I just saw this brief exchange.

(02-02-2013 10:16 AM)amoffett Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 09:25 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  -i dont know how to turtle

You say that as if its hard to turtle. I'd say more like you aren't willing to stoop to turtling. I think turtling is an easy way to get to Masters, but just turtling won't move you much further up than that.

That's not true. Adorable turtles are incredibly strong especially at the highest level.

More importantly, I dislike all this talk of "stooping" to turtling and attempting to devalue the accomplishments of others. Outwitters is an amazing game with many valid potential strategies. If you look at the top replays, players winning with bombshells is no longer common. Utilizing bombshells both offensively and defensively at a high level is no longer trivial. As I have said previously, in AvS, a turtling game is usually preferable for the Adorables player. In the other matchups though, I do agree that once a Scallywag player settles in, it can be very hard to break. In fact, you could even say that once this happens, "it's very easy and takes no skill". However, in doing so you're conveniently forgetting how the turtle was allowed to take root. As a Feedback player, I hate it when Scallywags get a solid defensive position. However, I don't whine about how it took them no skill and try to discredit them. Rather, it was my fault for letting it happen. In SvF, it is the Feedback's job to take the initiative and keep the Scallywags player from getting into a comfortable turtle. This is in much the same way a Scallywag has to prevent an Adorables player from turtling so they don't get picked apart by mobi hit and run later.

Instead of attempting to belittle the victories of others, try to see both sides of the picture. I found what helps a lot is trying other teams, in particular, those you find overpowered. Perhaps in doing so you will discover the problems the so-called 'OP' team faces and have a greater appreciation for them. If you don't encounter any hardships, then looks like you'll be in Super-Titan with your new team in no time!

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-03-2013, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 12:18 PM by Ryzuma.)
(02-03-2013 12:04 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  I just saw this brief exchange.

You say that as if its hard to turtle. I'd say more like you aren't willing to stoop to turtling. I think turtling is an easy way to get to Masters, but just turtling won't move you much further up than that.

That's not true. Adorable turtles are incredibly strong especially at the highest level.

More importantly, I dislike all this talk of "stooping" to turtling and attempting to devalue the accomplishments of others. Outwitters is an amazing game with many valid potential strategies. If you look at the top replays, players winning with bombshells is no longer common. Utilizing bombshells both offensively and defensively at a high level is no longer trivial. As I have said previously, in AvS, a turtling game is usually preferable for the Adorables player. In the other matchups though, I do agree that once a Scallywag player settles in, it can be very hard to break. In fact, you could even say that once this happens, "it's very easy and takes no skill". However, in doing so you're conveniently forgetting how the turtle was allowed to take root. As a Feedback player, I hate it when Scallywags get a solid defensive position. However, I don't whine about how it took them no skill and try to discredit them. Rather, it was my fault for letting it happen. In SvF, it is the Feedback's job to take the initiative and keep the Scallywags player from getting into a comfortable turtle. This is in much the same way a Scallywag has to prevent an Adorables player from turtling so they don't get picked apart by mobi hit and run later.

Instead of attempting to belittle the victories of others, try to see both sides of the picture. I found what helps a lot is trying other teams, in particular, those you find overpowered. Perhaps in doing so you will discover the problems the so-called 'OP' team faces and have a greater appreciation for them. If you don't encounter any hardships, then looks like you'll be in Super-Titan with your new team in no time!

CombatEx coming in hot with real advice as always

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
02-03-2013, 01:46 PM
(02-03-2013 12:04 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  I just saw this brief exchange.

I think you've misunderstood, when I said turtling I meant just spamming bombshells and sitting back like we're discussing in this thread, whereas you've taken it to mean just playing defensively in general. As discussed, it only gets you so far, and I don't think it makes for a fun game for either side.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
02-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks, connor34911. Like I said, if you are playing on Thorn Gulley and he has made bombshell but you have not made Mobi, you should consider where you made a wrong turn. Mobi is far stronger than bombshell on this map, but not if you never make one!
02-04-2013, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 03:06 AM by connor34911.)
Garcia, your comment telling W1cked21 (Mag!cguy) to "make a mobi. Mobi is strong on Thorn Gully" was patronizing. Sorry, he is not as elite as you (#7), but he is a top200 player (#131). I believe he needs to be treated as such, even by you.

I'm pretty sure he knows that mobi is strong on thorn gulley.

If you are willing to provide advice as you did in response to my comment, then that is okay. But when you respond with one line of common knowledge then you come off as condescending.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
02-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Connor I don't think Garcia meant any offense by his post. If he can give his advice in one line, what's wrong with that? I personally like concise, straight to the point advice.

It was at the very least useful to me. I didn't know mobi was particularly strong on thorn gulley.
02-04-2013, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 05:45 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(02-04-2013 02:54 AM)connor34911 Wrote:  Garcia, your comment telling W1cked21 (Mag!cguy) to "make a mobi. Mobi is strong on Thorn Gully" was patronizing. Sorry, he is not as elite as you (#7), but he is a top200 player (#131). I believe he needs to be treated as such, even by you.

I'm pretty sure he knows that mobi is strong on thorn gulley.

If you are willing to provide advice as you did in response to my comment, then that is okay. But when you respond with one line of common knowledge then you come off as condescending.

Aha thanks, but I don't think garcia meant to be patronizing ^^ But, indeed, I already know mobi is very efficient in thorn gulley, I won a lot of battles here thanks to it. It's simply here that his BS made pressure on me and I didn't want to create a mobi.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]