Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
More Bombshell Trouble
01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: More Bombshell Trouble
(01-31-2013 02:39 PM)1ucky Wrote:  I feel like it'd cost a ridiculous amount of wits to pull that off. I think a well timed, efficient strike could take it down?
I don't think it'd be ridiculously expensive, say you're on Peekaboo. It costs 10 wits to spawn and shell a boosted Bombshell. First turn, just capture the wit space. Next turn, spawn and move a runner, then move your medic into position. Next turn, spawn Bombshell, plant next to your medic. Next turn, heal bombshell. Next spawn a bombshell, heal, move, and shell it. Alternate between spawn-moving a runner and spawn-boost-move-shelling a Bombshell. Voila! Bombshells every two turns. Hopefully you understood my directions, now I'm off to try it!

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
You say on turn 2,4,6 etc. is that his turn 2,4,6 or the games 2,4,6. Cz its impossible for him to spawn it on the games turns 2,4,6, because thats every turn.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
01-31-2013, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 05:16 PM by jaxxinjr.)
Yup, I played him twice recently and that is exactly his MO. First time on sweetie planes he completely ringed his base with bombshells and I couldn't get to him despite numerous major offensive thrusts. finally on turn 110 or so I sent every unit in a complete suicide mission. Note he didn't make one offensive move the entire time. His bombshells massacred my entire army like a hot knife through butter and he chatted with a simple confused "?". I chewed him out as an EXTREME turtler and resigned.

Next match on long 9 I saw his just spawned bombshell very early on on the southside. I knew he would be very UP on the north side and sent every unit. He was crushed a few turns later, and I made sure to let him know that the blitzkrieg was to counter his EXTREME turtling. Mwahahaha! :-)

If this strategy catches on, outwitters will go down the tubes...
01-31-2013, 03:28 PM
(01-31-2013 03:09 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  You say on turn 2,4,6 etc. is that his turn 2,4,6 or the games 2,4,6. Cz its impossible for him to spawn it on the games turns 2,4,6, because thats every turn.

Every other one of his turns... sorry I wasn't specific enough, I just meant to say he was literally spamming them in my face.

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013 03:44 PM by ElPared.)
Bombshell having 4 health is definitely a problem. With Veggies sometimes I can swarm the field with Thorns and move my units around in there for an ambush, but with Feedback, just one BS generally destroys me. but hey, clever league Tongue

I have not idea what to do against more than one BS. I think this is proof BS is OP. 1 is a problem, 2 is an improbability, more than that is near impossible to beat. It should either do 2 damage and splash or have less health IMO

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
01-31-2013, 03:42 PM
I don't really like quitting.. but he has 4 that I can see on Thorn Gulley. I might just give up so as not to wait days for this to end..

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-31-2013, 03:52 PM
You could post some replays? It seems inconceivable that he has enough wits to put out so many bombshells and also protect them adequately.
01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Dahsu, I played this guy a while back. I don't remember that being his strat but will make sure I remember this in the future. When I made that post about TG a couple weeks back i had the same issue with my opponent. it wasn't only his bombshell in that place, he had several around the map.

I think this may be a viable strategy in mid to upper masters play but do not know if it is in ST leagues or not. I think there are two was to beat it:

1. Rush him. Don't let him churn out so many specials.

2. Play carefully. If he already has a lot of BS's deployed then make sure you do surveillance, pick a point of attack and try to weaken that area. Save up a lot of wits and use your scramblers wisely. DONT do what jaxx did and just rush him out of frustration.

I agree with the overall premise...its really annoying and difficult to defeat BS when they are layered on top of each other.

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM
On huge maps, they tend to be sneak-round-able with Mobi, just because they can't block the entire width of the map. I'd guess Feedback players should try and scramble a bombshell further from the others...no idea what Veggies could do Big Grin

Zakalwe42
Finally attained Gifted League we'll see how long that lasts.
02-01-2013, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 12:23 AM by John3:16.)
I know this doesn't help much if you're not Scallywags yourself, but as Garcia says, if he is spawning that many bombshells, he is definitely does not guard his bombshells that well (at least against Scallywags, so I think against other teams there would be vulnerabilities).

Here's the only replay I have against him:

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YmaCVAgw

If you count, during play he spawned 8! bombshells.

Ok...now that I watched the replay I had 4(wow, we spawned 12 bombshells in one game) myself, haha, so um...this replay won't help unless you're scallywags.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16