Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Funny Old Replays Thread
02-01-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Funny Old Replays Thread
That kind of thing is worrisome. If a game crash can reset a turn, then fog-of-war cheats are probably trivial to implement and nearly impossible to catch if the player is smart in how they use them.

I'm really surprised that this type of information is even present on the local client and not on the server. Same as the wit cheats. Since OSN shows the wits sometimes at 99, that indicates that the wit count is sent by the client to the server, not the other way around, and the server does no sanity checks.

I know security is probably a secondary concern for them, since their primary concern is making a good game (and they made a great game! very fun).

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 07:20 AM
(01-31-2013 07:55 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I didn't save any of my first games, but I actually have one anyway! Here is one of 5 placement matches from 8 months ago which my opponent decided to upload to OSN recently (not sure how my opponent even had this game still >.<). Needless to say I didn't have any idea how to play at that point since it was one of my first 5 games. Ah well, I think I've improved a little since then. =P

Placement Match

I love my opponent's medic to take the wit space on turn 1. I can't believe I didn't kill that soldier on turn 2 though (wait actually I forgot this was version 1.0 so I didn't have enough wits to do it. Was still stupid moving the soldier up though since I couldn't kill his/hers). Also, this must be the only game I've spawned a heavy. Ever. haha.

just saw the replay. ive been so busy.
its amazing to see how much we've improved since we started playing outwitters.
seeing your replay, its not something youd expect from someone whos now among the top players.

lol. i keep forgeting that these games were before the 1 wit kill update. but yours was actually pretty great for placement matches. atleast compared to mine.

ive noticed that the link you guys use are for OSN.
you guys should view it through the app. dont get me wrong, i love OSN
but for funny replays like these, its much better through the app.
i use OSN for replays i want to review or study.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-01-2013, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 07:30 AM by GoHeat 3.)
Lol how many placement matches did you win? I won 1... From timeout. So sad!Tongue
Maybe it was 2? Not sure! I wish I had the replays though!D:

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-01-2013, 08:06 AM
(02-01-2013 07:24 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Lol how many placement matches did you win? I won 1... From timeout. So sad!Tongue
Maybe it was 2? Not sure! I wish I had the replays though!D:

sorry goheat, i havent watched your replay yet. my ipad has problems loading the forum. it wont display posts. :/

i won 3. i gave up my first 2 games because my opponents werent moving. XD
im glad my opponent in the 3rd game played quickly or else i might have stopped playing outwitters.

yeah i wish i saved more replays.. :/

Anonymous Clan
02-01-2013, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 09:26 AM by Alvendor.)
I started ranked games immediately so this must have been one of the very first. Apparently I thought sniper is a good start on sharkfood...

Replay

Soldier spam FTW
02-01-2013, 09:46 AM
(02-01-2013 09:26 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I started ranked games immediately so this must have been one of the very first. Apparently I thought sniper is a good start on sharkfood...

Replay

I call copy on Turn 5!Tongue

Super-Titan

02-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Worst game ever:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-bPXAgw

02-10-2013, 08:38 AM
(02-01-2013 09:26 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I started ranked games immediately so this must have been one of the very first. Apparently I thought sniper is a good start on sharkfood...

Replay

haha. i wish you still played like that rick. so i can beat you. :))

Anonymous Clan
02-10-2013, 08:39 AM
(02-10-2013 08:17 AM)maconbot Wrote:  Worst game ever:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y-bPXAgw

I wouldn't be too proud of that chat box.
02-10-2013, 08:40 AM
It's Peekaboo.

Super-Titan